• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing XP on Raid0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
So First time around, installing XP on Raid 0 HDDs. I understand that I need to load the drivers, but the problem is my motherboard doesn't support Floppy on the board itself. I can emulate a Floppy by using a usb stick though.

After trying the emulated USB trick, the XP install doesn't seem to recognize the file format of the USB Stick though :( Any ideas? I've tried FAT, FAT32, and NTFS. Sticks good, and the only information on it is the driver itself.

Did the same procedure for Vista 32bit and worked great.

gonna need a legit floppy... but imo the simplest solution is to slipstream the drivers with nlite ... it worked in vista because vista installer and win 7 have usb drivers to do such things.

Last edited:
I agree with the slipstream disk, I have an xp disk that I have loaded the sata drivers for intel ich10r and works like a charm, no floppy involved

slipstream is definitely one way to go (pretty much free).

although i keep a usb floppy drive just for that sort of occasion since i don't really have any other use for internal floppy drives anymore.

Last edited:
i edited my above response for clarity if you were referring to my post.

(side note: confusing Dolk = big success) :D

I have no clue what Slipstream is, and how do I use nlight to install an OS?

Furthermore, this is a pre-configured XP install as well, its for benching.

nlite is a utility to add or remove bits to an OS. you can reconfigure that same os with the drivers needed for raid. you will have to copy the os to a folder for nlite to work with. as you move through the program it will add or remove said bits. when done you will reburn a disk with said changes. not too hard, once you are in the program it will help guide you.

OR you can use an external USB floppy disk drive. The motherboard (assuming it is new and not an old model) should be able to make the USB floppy a standard floppy where XP will have no problem reading it when installing the drivers via the F6 option when installing.

Back