• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geeks.com, 24" HP LP2465

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Aynjell - recert usually means manufacturer recertified but maybe that's refurbished instead or maybe those two terms are interchangable. I am pretty sure Newegg and all etailers/retailers don't do actual recert/refurb themselves but just sell them as 'open box' instead.

I was speaking to Logitech yesterday about Compgeeks and they reluctantly spilled out a few things. It simply appears that Compgeeks simply buys open box customer returns straight from Logitech's warehouse. Don't quote me on this but it was implied they were not tested before they were sold to resellers like Compgeeks.
While I've purchased many items from Compgeeks, in the future I will NOT be buying any refurbished item from them ever again. New items only.

Just a FYI; the last three 'refurbished' Logitech items I've purchased from Compgeeks were DOA or defective.

'refurb' Logitech MX revolution-DEAD
'refurb'Logitech Harmony 8800 -(as mentioned in an above post)Dead and bricked intentionally by Logitech
'refurb'Logitech illuminated keyboard 920-000914-Number pad zero key inop

As far as I can tell, none of these were tested/refurbished by Compgeeks, Logitech or anyone, selling a bricked remote is kind of hard to miss if it was refurbed or even tested for functionality.

I don't know about you guys, but it's three strikes and your out. This is why I spoke to Logitech yesterday as I had to throw in the towel with Compgeek sold 'refurbished items. logitech was good about it and offered me a pre-paid mailer and will be replacing the keyboard rather than me having to return yet another refurb product to Compgeeks. (Compgeeks did pay return postage for the 8800 Harmony bricked remote)

IMHO, Compgeeks should sell many of these 'refurbished' products as OPEN BOX with open box caveat policies. At least in my experiences with Logitech 'refurbished' items sold at Compgeeks , these were open box and not refurbished.
Honestly I'm pretty much done with refurbished products sold at Compgeeks, they've struck out.

PS, For what it's worth, I'm glad the OP got a nice monitor with no headaches. ;)

Good info as usual SSS! (Now please give me some suckup points for saying that lol! :D)

Aynjell- it's all relative. TN<*VA<IPS. Comparing them side by side is the only way to see or appreciate the difference, and each panel and implementation of that panel can show differences or grades within those differences. There are better and worse of each panel type, or specific panel, depending upon the implementation. In my limited personal experience I feel that HP>Dell in general (can't stand the Dell 'sand grainy' anti-glare coating and NEC rocks everyone but are pricey) and I'm sure the monitors are great especially when compared side-by-side with a TN! Next up for you is an IPS though ;)

Gonna jam out to some sweet tunes through my Audio-gd Compass DAC/preamp->amp-speakers now ;) something I'm sure we can both agree on with no qualifiers! :D

Good info as usual SSS! (Now please give me some suckup points for saying that lol! :D)

Aynjell- it's all relative. TN<*VA<IPS. Comparing them side by side is the only way to see or appreciate the difference, and each panel and implementation of that panel can show differences or grades within those differences. There are better and worse of each panel type, or specific panel, depending upon the implementation. In my limited personal experience I feel that HP>Dell in general (can't stand the Dell 'sand grainy' anti-glare coating and NEC rocks everyone but are pricey) and I'm sure the monitors are great especially when compared side-by-side with a TN! Next up for you is an IPS though ;)

Gonna jam out to some sweet tunes through my Audio-gd Compass DAC/preamp->amp-speakers now ;) something I'm sure we can both agree on with no qualifiers! :D

The compass is one of the best sound solutions on the market right now. However, I have tuned my Little Dot I+ so perfectly that it sounds better than the compass to my ears. That being said...

I still wanna get me an Audio GD Fun for some HD650 goodness. (the compass 2, more or less except everything is swapable)

My personal experience with the I+ has led me to desire something other than tubes. The amp has cost me about 350$ finding the perfect setup.

How about 3/10th of one point :D

I was pondering this thread regarding Compgeeks monitor sales (refurb and new) after all; they do have good prices on monitors.

What makes it not so hit or miss is they grade their refurb monitors, the dead pixel policy is a bit out there. But at least the fact they grade them is a good thing. I'm definetely not Mr. anti Compgeeks, nor am I Mr. fanboy Compgeeks, but like most people that check the Cyber deals, I do like saving money, so my bookmark to Compgeeks stays put. ;)

How about 3/10th of one point :D

I was pondering this thread regarding Compgeeks monitor sales (refurb and new) after all; they do have good prices on monitors.

What makes it not so hit or miss is they grade their refurb monitors, the dead pixel policy is a bit out there. But at least the fact they grade them is a good thing. I'm definetely not Mr. anti Compgeeks, nor am I Mr. fanboy Compgeeks, but like most people that check the Cyber deals, I do like saving money, so my bookmark to Compgeeks stays put. ;)

I will re-iterate: I got two dead pixel free panels that have really good color and are just huge.. for 360$. I'm hoping they're still in stock next paycheck, cuz I'll buy a third if they are.

:attn:

I will re-iterate: I got two dead pixel free panels that have really good color and are just huge.. for 360$. I'm hoping they're still in stock next paycheck, cuz I'll buy a third if they are.

:attn:

PS, For what it's worth, I'm glad the OP got nice monitors with no headaches. ;)

In my refurb rant you might have missed the last thing I said my friend, no reiteration is needed
smile_md_clr.gif

just got one!

After testing triple monitor with sli (nvidia surround or as we call it round hurr... Nfinity) I won't be buying another. So 2 is where it ends for me. But might get another for my woman.

Is it worth getting from Newegg instead of dealing with the return policy (if dead pixels or shipping damage) from Geeks.com? I've always had luck with newegg returns, and UPS has already destroyed one poorly packaged monitor (RIP lovely 30" Dell).

just got one!

Is it worth getting from Newegg instead of dealing with the return policy (if dead pixels or shipping damage) from Geeks.com? I've always had luck with newegg returns, and UPS has already destroyed one poorly packaged monitor (RIP lovely 30" Dell).

Newegg's monitors are really shoddy I've read. Most come dead. Just get from geeks. You won't get many dp''s and their return policy is pretty fair and serving.

Well, I caved in and bought one from Geeks. Hope it works out well... I just don't look foward to whatever the shipping company plans to do to the box on it's way here :(.

Out of stock now, mine came in saturday, just tested it out today. Can't find anything wrong with it. I already had a hp 2335, which I believe is the same or similar panel, got it from geeks as well.

I'm trying to decide whether to take the 2335 to work and keep the 2465 for home use or vice versa. Eventually would like two of the same at work, don't think I need two at home. Have a crappy lcd monitor at work now, i think it's 25" though.

Monitor arrived today... it truly was an act of God that this thing survived shipping with such horrific packaging. It should be illegal to package things like that.

Can't see anything wrong with the screen, so I'm immensely happy for the price. Probably good that they are out of stock everywhere or I'd be tempted to test fate (wrt shipping and dead pixels) and order another.

Back