• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hammer time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And the Intel build was cheaper. Talk about backward.

I really don't understand AMD's pricing really. They want almost 300$ for the 9370 that doesn't even come close to I7 performance. Then you need a 200$ mother board to handle it, then you need to have water cooling.

8320 - 130
8350 - 159
9370 - 189
9590 - 230

Thats where prices should be honestly. It sounds like I have a great 8320, but I can run toe for toe with a 9590 (stock one) with no problems for literally 1/3rd the cost and air cooling. I just really dont understand the 9000 series at all. It just seems like pointless **** measuring on AMD's part.

And the Intel build was cheaper. Talk about backward.
The problem with the Fx chips especially the 6xxx/8xxx and 9xxx's is they are really demanding of the motherboard especially if you're wanting to overclock. Where as it seems like you can plop a I7/I5 on a $100.00 board and clock the pee out of it. Sure you can put the Fx on a cheapo motherboard and it may do fine at stock clocks and that's where you save the money vs the Intel. I personally wouldn't put a 8 or 9 series on anything lesser then the Sabertooth and then you're talking about almost the same cost as the Intel when comparing the price of a mobo/I7 combo vs a mobo/Fx 8 combo. I was lucky and picked up my 4770k whenMicrocenter had it in sale for $199.00.

I just really dont understand the 9000 series at all. It just seems like pointless **** measuring on AMD's part.
That is exactly what it is, people that are clueless can say they have a 5ghz chip. Though, it does seem like the IMC's are a bit more stout then the 8 series but that may just because they are binned better?!

Yeah, I've been using AMD since 98 though my next rig will be Intel based. There's no price/performance advantage to going AMD anymore when looking mig to high end. The boards are almost as full featured now too.

The only reason to look at AMD is for HTPC use etc. The APU's rock for that sort of use.

Back