• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

voltage is backwards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(G{in}[AK)TION]

ill keep this short. i have a Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x (the 25g version) bf3 edition card. the idle voltage is 1163 but when i mine i notice that it changes the voltage to 1.034. i bios flashed the card from tech power up and its still the same. i also tried to modify the voltages using vbe7 and that did not solve it either.

i checked this on my msi 7950 and it keep an idle voltage of 0.9v and changes to 1.2v when the card is in use.

can someone with the sapphire r9 280x dual x oc version please check if this happens to them on their card?

1163 idle volts sounds a tad low. Did you BIOS mod this card to use lower voltage before?

I've got the 270x version (11217-01-25G) and I've never seen that..

this is happening before and after the bios flash.

i then attempted a bios mod but that did not resolve the problem either. its using 1.2v for idle voltage and 1.04v for load voltage. even after disabling amd overdrive in catalyst.

help?!?!

this is happening before and after the bios flash.

i then attempted a bios mod but that did not resolve the problem either. its using 1.2v for idle voltage and 1.04v for load voltage. even after disabling amd overdrive in catalyst.

help?!?!

Did you flash back to stock?
(By stock I mean the BIOS that was extracted from the card before you modded it)

Also, did you wipe and install drivers again?

Sounds like you changed the voltages manually in the bios, or the card came pre flashed. (and got them backwards)
Just change the last two (if it's a boost card) to the same clocks and voltages and voila.
I wouldn't mine with two cards at 1.2v, too hot for a case.

Sounds like you changed the voltages manually in the bios, or the card came pre flashed. (and got them backwards)
Just change the last two (if it's a boost card) to the same clocks and voltages and voila.
I wouldn't mine with two cards at 1.2v, too hot for a case.

did i not mention that i noticed this was happening before i flash bios? or did i mistype that?

i tried to change voltages in trixx. i didnt check in gpuz i just checked in trixx only. but when i opened gpuz, i noticed that idle voltage was higher than load voltage. i attempted a bios flash from the techpowerup site but the issue still remains.

did i not mention that i noticed this was happening before i flash bios? or did i mistype that?

i tried to change voltages in trixx. i didnt check in gpuz i just checked in trixx only. but when i opened gpuz, i noticed that idle voltage was higher than load voltage. i attempted a bios flash from the techpowerup site but the issue still remains.

If you follow Ivan's advice on changing both voltages, you'll be golden. No weird voltages. :)

the card came NEW. it was still in shrink wrap with the sticker still in place. it said it was NEW on the site too.

is there any other way to check that the card is used?

Back