• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh man!!!.. Look at this picture!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks cool. However about the onboard sound, will that require you buy a new face plate for the back of the case since that will not fit in cases now I think :confused: Fill me in...

I think the ATX PSU plug should be at the top. I really don't like the layout the board, although I'm more worried about the performance ;)

Yodums said:
Looks cool. However about the onboard sound, will that require you buy a new face plate for the back of the case since that will not fit in cases now I think :confused: Fill me in...

I think the ATX PSU plug should be at the top. I really don't like the layout the board, although I'm more worried about the performance ;)

I doubt that you have to buy one yourself... the plates are usually included in the mobo pack EXPECIALY if the plate is different from the standard like this board...

Board looks awsome, though :D :D Wouldnt buy it with the onbard gfx though :( ASUS get a move on and make me my new mobo soon :p

is it just me or are ther no holes for mounting most of the *good* heatsinks / WaterBlocks???? im not about to throw away my swiftech mcx462 for onboard sound and video......

*EDIT* and then i saw the second link :p

yeah it is just you there are 4 holes

my questions

1) why no northbride sinks?
2) Asus caps are awfully close to socket not good. i thought companies learned by now not to do that!
3)on abit one why is there a +12v connector like p4's?

EDIT: wow the ABIT does not have mounting holes! that SUCKS!

Last edited:
THAT A-BIT MOBO :eek:

WHY NO HS/F ON N.B ?
THE CAPS ABOVE AGP LOOK ALITTLE CLOSE:eek:

STILL THE NVID MOBO'S WILL ROCK.:burn:

yeah the nforce 2 will 0wn to bad they are coming out in OCTOBER!

why they do the pressrelease now is beyond me...

i want that 1:1 divisor thingy!

i'm waiting on new egg to credit my acount for the ga-7xrvp mobo i tried the first time, so i can get the kx7-333r mobo instead. should i wait for the nforce mobo ? i wander how much it will cost. if you have any ideas please let me know! thanks WIZ.

Emericana said:
yeah the nforce 2 will 0wn to bad they are coming out in OCTOBER!

why they do the pressrelease now is beyond me...

i want that 1:1 divisor thingy!

are you sure about that? whats your source, i thought they were coming out sooner. could be wrong though

i dont remember where i read it but i remember it was not on a forum rather on a real news site. i think it was xbitlabs but i cant find the article anymore

Not sure, but those may be just barebones pics to make our mouths water a little bit. I am sure that when they ship they will have protection on thase nbs.

Correct Exar Jun, they are just pictures for the eye but in reality there will be a nb heatsink. Ackward of Abit to not include holes. Oh well guess this is the new start of the farewell to the holes.

Yodums said:
Correct Exar Jun, they are just pictures for the eye but in reality there will be a nb heatsink. Ackward of Abit to not include holes. Oh well guess this is the new start of the farewell to the holes.
i don't think these are the final versions of what the boards will be like. i'm sure there will be holes etc... during the hour long web movie of the meeting/press conference thing, where they showed off the nforce 2 boards and talked about them, they mentioned extra bios options for overclockers. so i don't think they would put in extra bios options and then take away mounting holes. that just doesn't make sense. i think these boards aren't finalized versions of what they will actually release.

Or you could always flip a coin and if it landed on the right side that you picked, take a chance and drill your own holes;)

:D :D

DS-Master

Back