• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old Geforce 256

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
find out what the core speed is. if it reports the core is 175, its a geforce2mx. if it says 200, its a gts. if it says 120, then its a geforce sdr, and I know why. you see, the ddr versons are clocked at 300. the sdrs are clocked at 166 and powerstrip reports 333, since it thinks all cards are ddr. sorry but you either have the origional geforce sdr or a geforce2mx

.......despite the fact that sandra, windows, and powerstrip all say i have a geforce2 gts 32mb.... my defaults are 200/333

wow then you *do* have a geforce2 gts! powerstrip does not mistake core clocks, cause there is no ddr core, and 200MHz core can either mean an mx400 or a gts, but if it was an mx, it would say so. you just got a $50 geforce2 gts for $5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overclocker550 said:
find out what the core speed is. if it reports the core is 175, its a geforce2mx. if it says 200, its a gts. if it says 120, then its a geforce sdr, and I know why. you see, the ddr versons are clocked at 300. the sdrs are clocked at 166 and powerstrip reports 333, since it thinks all cards are ddr. sorry but you either have the origional geforce sdr or a geforce2mx

so youre saying that, my tnt card i have in here right now shows up as mem speeds of 125, that its really only 62.5 eh? thats some pretty slow *** memory. thats like edo memory. You were an idiot wit hyour powerstrip, and set it to DDR instead of your defaults. Learn something new everyday eh?

Godsmoke said:

so youre saying that, my tnt card i have in here right now shows up as mem speeds of 125, that its really only 62.5 eh? thats some pretty slow *** memory. thats like edo memory. You were an idiot wit hyour powerstrip, and set it to DDR instead of your defaults. Learn something new everyday eh?

actually its a known bug with theGF2MX series that pstrip treats them all like DDR, there is no setting in powerstrip to change this...

my ge-force 256 defaults are 120/301. its the ddr pure version.(no tv in-out) ill have a look at the men chips tomorrow to tell ya the numbers on them

uh.... thanks guys but im quite confident i have a geforce2 gts 32mb ddr. unles youg uys wanna keep goin, sure you caon talk about it :). just ordered a radeon 9700 pro by the way. gonna be selling this gf2 to someone soon. mabye ill sell it for 10 bucks, 5 dollar profit. hahahah

my neighbor is twice my size, its not fun when he's angry. hehe jk but he's one of my best friends, we've always been givign eachother stuff, and he is running on integrated grahpics so he REALLY needs this.

EDIT: ......as much as i do love you guys....

Overclocker550 said:
you can get like $40 if you sell it here

why would you pay 40 bucks for a card when you could get one twice as good for the same price? :: shakes head :: youve gone nutty, mah boi

Back