• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVI between 2 CRT monitors.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am really confused about your problem and/or question here. Am I correct in thinking you are using the DVI port of your graphics card to plug your crt monitor into and you arent getting any video to this monitor? Or is it you get the crt to display but it just cant view video clips? If it is simply that you cant view video clips but the monitor does get video then it sounds more like a software problem than hardware.

Animal982 said:
I am really confused about your problem and/or question here. Am I correct in thinking you are using the DVI port of your graphics card to plug your crt monitor into and you arent getting any video to this monitor? Or is it you get the crt to display but it just cant view video clips? If it is simply that you cant view video clips but the monitor does get video then it sounds more like a software problem than hardware.

i can view on this monitor but nt 2nd 1.

Do you have a model for your graphics card, because some graphics cards like the All-In-Wonder (AIW) Radeon 9600 Pro's wont let you view a video stream on the secondary monitor when dual monitors are enabled, this is a fundamental flaw in the hardware. Anandtech found this out in their article on the AIW Radeon 9600 Pro.
More information available here:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1905&p=4
xb-70

xb-70 said:
Do you have a model for your graphics card, because some graphics cards like the All-In-Wonder (AIW) Radeon 9600 Pro's wont let you view a video stream on the secondary monitor when dual monitors are enabled, this is a fundamental flaw in the hardware. Anandtech found this out in their article on the AIW Radeon 9600 Pro.
More information available here:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1905&p=4
xb-70

ati 9k.

In the windows media player options, click the perfomance tab. Click the advanced button

There is an option which "allows overlays". Try unchecking that, and messing with other settings in that area.

There was a thread about this somewhere... and I was able to get it working on my setup, but i'm not 100% sure how it was done.

FunkDaMonkMan said:
In the windows media player options, click the perfomance tab. Click the advanced button

There is an option which "allows overlays". Try unchecking that, and messing with other settings in that area.

There was a thread about this somewhere... and I was able to get it working on my setup, but i'm not 100% sure how it was done.

it works.
thx.
:cool:

Back