• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are these two folders doing in there? Cannot remove.

• Thread starter Deleted member 94297
  • Start date
Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D

Deleted member 94297

Hi everyone. They just don't look pretty, and i like things perfect. So what are these two folders doing in my D drive? D has no windows or something, just files. Cannot remove these folders even after few windows reinstalls. No formatting and not going to format that drive. Just C disc formatted every time. If you answer the first question: how can i remove them?

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5296/10753429.jpg

They look like temp files of some sort. Try rebooting into safe mode to make sure that nothing is using them, and see if you can delete them like that. If not, check the permissions on those folders to make sure that you have permission to delete them. (If they were made by a program, it may not have given permission to users to delete the folders)

Leftover folders from a Windows Update most likely. You might have to takeover the folders. I'm curious though.. in disk management which drive partition/drive is listed as system and which is listed as boot? The C drive should be both but I've seen weird things happen.

Anyway the takeover procedure goes like this.

Right click folder
Select security tab
( Make sure you have permissions at this point.
I'm assuming you have tried deleting with Administrator
rights so make sure the group Administrators has Full control )
If Administrators did have control then select Advanced.
Select your account and tick it " Replace
all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object "
then click OK.

That should do it.

Last edited:
Thanks, guyg,s i've solved this by going into the safe mode, going inside the folder (it allowed it from there), then there was update folder. When you click on it, it tells you, that you can configure it in security tab, then it will let you go in. You click that link, click some box (not the one you've told me), click ok and you can delete the folder. Same for both folders.

As for disk management, at bios it's alright, at windows - idk such place to find those things.

Thanks for info!

Back