• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to see 290x vrm temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2950

hi,
i have just got a r9 290x tri x card but cant get a temp reading on the vrm's.

with my 7970's i used adia64 and it showed all the temps and clocks in the lcd screen on my g19 keyboard in real time, but with my new 290x only thing i can see is the core clock speed.

i also have afterburner but you can only see the core temp, doesn't have option for vrm's.

any way to see vrm temps in and osd in real time?
thanks

If MSI AB cannot do it (it will if it can actually read it), and AIDA64 cannot, it seemingly does not have the ability with the controller on it. That may come with an update, or it may not. Not all cards can you get vrm readings. ;)

thats kinda annoying, cant mess with voltage if dont have vrm temps in case they get too hot

I find it an extra personally. Not knowing VRM temps never stopped my overclocking endeavors before... and again, most GPUs do not have that ability in the first place.

on my 7970's with the stock coolers, upping the voltage sent the vrm's well over 100 degrees C if i didn't have real time monitoring could have melted them lol.

in the reviews i read they gave vrm temps so assumed i would be able to get them.

That is the chance the majority has to take. ;)

Fair assumption. What program did they use to see that information? Did you try that program... the same version?

Maybe they did it with an IR gun... no idea. But the latest version of MSI AB should do it? Sapphire Trixx does not?

GPUz Sensors section like above should read it. i have a 290x and it shows mine and ive tried basically every bios available and it worked on all of them lol.

if it does read it it i still wont be able to see it in games ect so wont be able to monitor.

aida64 isn't even picking up the clock speeds duno why?

if it does read it it i still wont be able to see it in games ect so wont be able to monitor.

aida64 isn't even picking up the clock speeds duno why?

Just keep GPU-z open and check the "highest reading" after benching/gaming.

Back