• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Eyefinity, 2 cards, 3 monitors! Crossfire or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

Currently running 2x XFX Double D 7850 GPUs and 3 24" monitors.

I will be setting up eyefinity and was wondering if I should put all 3 monitors on the same card and run the cards in crossfire mode, or use 2 monitors for one card and the 3rd monitor on my 2nd card.

Last edited:
3 monitors must be connected to 1 card, 1.The first two monitors can connect to the graphics card with any display output on your product: HDMI, VGA, DVI or DisplayPort.
2.The third (or greater) display must be connected to the graphics card via DisplayPort.

Last edited:
I don't think saying it MUST be connected to one card is correct. I currently have eyefinity working with 2 monitors plugged into one card and the 3rd monitor plugged into the 2nd card via mini displayport.

Was just wondering if putting all 3 on the same card and running crossfire mode would work better than using both cards.

Back