• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I upgrade or Can do I have to go new

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaosmachine420

Can I upgrade or Do I have to go new

I have a disc of Vista that I was told was meant for my old tower because I bought it from Cyberpower Pc. I also was told that one only has drivers specifically made for my old computer which i only have a few things from that old computer. Can i do the upgrade version of Windows 7 or do I have to go completely new to get all the right drives. Also if i do the upgrade version is that one time only use program or can I use it multiple times to reformat my hard drive. If I can how do I do that too.

If you have vista loaded now, you should be able to do an upgrade to windows 7.

Drivers will take care of themselves for the most part, but you may need to download updated drivers from the manufacturer website for things like your graphics card.

I've heard discussion that the upgrade can be used to do a fresh install also, meaning you could use it multiple times to reformat, but I'm not sure on the exact details of that.

Hope this gets you started, someone else will surely have some input also. :welcome:

I am just going to get the full edition then tonight if you cant be too sure about the format thing. I really need this upgrade my computer gets to slow lately then normal.

Back