• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It looks like there will be a sniper rifle that will do instant kill regardless where you hit by watching the video (see the two kill/1bullet scene)

We don't know if those guys were injured at all though. I honestly can't imagine them adding a sniper rifle that is one-shot-one-kill AKA the AWP from counter-strike.

My thoughts exactly...

Also, those guys are not injured - see the "enemy killed 100" show right after the shots?

Yep, AWP in BF3....

Last edited:
If you can't get a one hit kill with a sniper rifle, then I don't see the point in sniping. Ofc a one hit kill to a limb would be silly.

^^^ He was likely implying that if you don't get a one-hit kill with a sniper rifle (i.e. headshot), then you shouldn't snipe.

Hopefully they have it where chest/torso shots are one hit kills, but not toe shots like in Counter Strike :)

^^^ He was likely implying that if you don't get a one-hit kill with a sniper rifle (i.e. headshot), then you shouldn't snipe.

Hopefully they have it where chest/torso shots are one hit kills, but not toe shots like in Counter Strike :)

i retract my earlier statement gif changed accordingly. :p

Also leg shots with awps didnt kill you it was like 90 something dmg ;)

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly...

Also, those guys are not injured - see the "enemy killed 100" show right after the shots?

Yep, AWP in BF3....

You get 100 points regardless of health.... don't you? If I kill someone with 25hp, I still get 100 points. At least, so I thought.

If you deal the killing blow you get 100 points. For kill assists you get points equal to the amount of damage you did.

If you deal the killing blow you get 100 points. For kill assists you get points equal to the amount of damage you did.

Exactly, so both of those guys could have been injured, and if he got the KB then he would still get the 100pts. I've gotten a 2-for-1 kill before with one of the sniper rifles :shrug:

Finally getting decent kills with sniper rifle.

Highest distance yet!

Attachments

• bf3 2012-04-29 00-37-09-67.jpg
    bf3 2012-04-29 00-37-09-67.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 101
Exactly, so both of those guys could have been injured, and if he got the KB then he would still get the 100pts. I've gotten a 2-for-1 kill before with one of the sniper rifles :shrug:

If the targets are lined up just right and you hit the "front" guy on the right spot the bullet will go through him and kill the guy behind as well... I've gotten the "double headshot" once or twice before as well.

If you would receive a toe shot from a sniper rifle caliber round, you would lose most of your foot. The hemoraging wound of a decapitated foot if pretty brutal, and unless you elevate and treat the wound immediately you are going to have a really hard time running away and keep shooting. Now if you get a second shot in the same foot, I can guarantee you that you won't feel like continuing the fight anymore.

As for torso shots; if you receive a shot to the torso, you are dead. Unless it is a grazing wound, or if you luckily missed all arteries and critical organs (UNLIKELY), you will start fading away really fast, and/or enter shock. But most of the time its a simple "lights off" and death is quick.

If they want to make this realistic, they should make large caliber rifles "1 shot kills", assault rifles "at least incapacitating", and pepper shakers (9mm, .40/45mm) "stopping, but up to 3 rounds MAX". Guns don't shoot paintballs.

yea.. but it always comes back to the masses don't like fully realistic game bf3 is far from a realistic game or a combat simulation.

... snip...

I was going to post something along those lines last night and forgot... Not sure how many people that play BF3 have ever seen what a .762x51 NATO (most sniper rifles on BF3 run this... the M98B runs .308 Lapua, but that's the same caliber round with more powder behind it) round does to a person (I have)... Even "limb" shots will be deadly, and anything "center-mass" is a kill for sure... The entry may be nice and tidy, but the exit would will be the size of a small dinner plate and most your vital organs will have gone out through it.

yea.. but it always comes back to the masses don't like fully realistic game bf3 is far from a realistic game or a combat simulation.

Its not that far off, all it needs are some adjustments to the weapon/health system. Otherwise I think its the most realistic game out IMO in terms of graphics/physics/sound..

playing in HC makes the game a lot better. The only thing that is still a bit behind is the sniper rifles. The other weapons are much more realistic.

The way I always think of BF3 is it is the most realistic you can get while still having fun! its the cross between ARMA and COD in the sense of style game play.

playing in HC makes the game a lot better. The only thing that is still a bit behind is the sniper rifles. The other weapons are much more realistic.

I think you can setup normal servers with player health at 60% like in hardcore.

My only problem with hardcore is when you're at full health (60%) and take massive fall damage from jumping over a crate or something stupid and die. DICE said they fixed it but it still happens from time to time. On normal servers you'd just get knocked down to 30% or something and recover it rather quickly. But on hardcore it's instant death or you're stuck at 3% health until you die or you follow a medic around until he drops a med pack.

That and the 27 recons sitting in the mountains failing horribly at sniping for the entire round make me stick to normal servers.

Back