• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Drivers 195.62 WHQL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattNo5ss

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Download nVidia Drivers

New in Version 195.62

- Adds GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with the new Adobe Flash 10.1 beta. Learn more here.
- Adds support for GeForce GT 240.
- Adds support for OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements. See CUDA Zone for more details.
- Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for many top new gaming titles including Borderlands, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, FIFA Soccer 10, and more.
- Includes numerous bug fixes including improved performance for Need for Speed: Shift. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.

Just my little test here, I seem to get an extra 1-2 fps in GTA IV and 2-3 extra fps in Crysis. It doesn't say it should improve performance but on my GTX 260 it seemed to help.

Wierd. Your link works, but if I go and select GeForce 8-Series and W7-64, it comes back with "Page not Found". I'm running IE6 on a work PC, so maybe that is part of the issue? Regardless, I DL'd the driver from your above link in about 20 seconds on my work's connection :eek:

Wierd. Your link works, but if I go and select GeForce 8-Series and W7-64, it comes back with "Page not Found". I'm running IE6 on a work PC, so maybe that is part of the issue? Regardless, I DL'd the driver from your above link in about 20 seconds on my work's connection :eek:

Not working in IE8 either, just comes up blank for either of the 64 bit options.

I downloaded the 64bit Win7/Vista and the 32bit Win7/Vista versions with IE7 just fine, searched 8 series and downloaded.

I tried the search again just now, and it worked.

I downloaded the 64bit Win7/Vista and the 32bit Win7/Vista versions with IE7 just fine, searched 8 series and downloaded.

I tried the search again just now, and it worked.

I have it set to 200 series and it doesn't work for Vista 64 or W7 64 :shrug:

Like I said, just a glitch with their site, I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

In case you guys didn't know you can search using 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, or 200; and the driver you get is the same for any of those series. So, you can search 9 series and use it on 200 series, etc.

This is what it says for the drivers:

This is a WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.

Holy CRAP. I went from 190.62 to 195.62 and my idle power consumption went from 165 at the wall to 115. Before, when I was using 180-series drivers, it was 125 watts. After upgrading to 190.62, the power use during idle went way up, but I thought maybe my fans were just dusty or something. Turns out it's the drivers. I'm going to revert to 190.62 just to confirm, but if this is true, it's pretty major.

Gonna check load power use too, will report back with results either way.

I am having horrible, HORRIBLE performance results with these new drivers. I'm using 186.15, which have been the best for me at least.

L4D 2, 1920x1200, everything maxed, 186 drivers were constant 100+ fps. 195 drivers, 40 fps. Now that is a major loss.

I'm not sure what it is, but I did notice that SLI attempted to work on L4D 2 with the new drivers, where with 186, SLI does not work, but yields such better results.

Can anyone contest to my results, especially with L4D 2?? I'm glad it works for most, but wow, I was shocked and once again, rolled back to 186.15.

@JHG120

In L4D my average fps was 106 with the 195.(one before this one), 102 with the 185.XX drivers and it's dropped now to 104 with the new driver.

In almost every other game I've noticed at least a 4fps increase in performance so it seems it's just you =(

Could be because I'm running a single 260 and you're running 2 but I don't think anyone else is having poor SLI results.

I am having horrible, HORRIBLE performance results with these new drivers. I'm using 186.15, which have been the best for me at least.

L4D 2, 1920x1200, everything maxed, 186 drivers were constant 100+ fps. 195 drivers, 40 fps. Now that is a major loss.

I'm not sure what it is, but I did notice that SLI attempted to work on L4D 2 with the new drivers, where with 186, SLI does not work, but yields such better results.

Can anyone contest to my results, especially with L4D 2?? I'm glad it works for most, but wow, I was shocked and once again, rolled back to 186.15.

Just disable SLI on the new drivers. You might want to also try disabling multi-core rendering (in game).

Just disable SLI on the new drivers. You might want to also try disabling multi-core rendering (in game).

Yeah, I tried that too. It also seemed that the longer I played, the worse it got. Like the first map, good to go, the second, fps dropped, the third, it was almost like a slideshow.

But oh well, 186 drivers are good for now. I've never really updated drivers when they first came out.

i still can't get a picture on my plasma screen after the update. it used to work with all the same hardware but not since the last couple updates. only other thing that's changed is going from xp to win 7. come on nvidia :(

Back