• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shader problem..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoroCwalker

Registered
Hi forums, I recently bought a PC with the following specs ;

Intel Core i3 processor 530 QuadCore 2.93 Ghz
6Gb RAM DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4350
1TB HDD
Windos 7 64bit

___

Now my problem is that whenever I turn on shaders on any game I suddenly get -15 fps...
Exemple ;

I run COD4 at 1280x768 (My monitor is a 22.5`` (1950x1080))
with max settings, 4x AA, I get around 55-(75, with no AA) fps.
Now when I put shader on, i get like to 30 or something.

I want to know what`s the problem, I even tried it on WoW, I run WoW at like 75 fps, when I put shader on MINIMUM, I get 35, at max, I get 20.

Why does shader mess up my fps? I know it isnt a realy good card for gaming, Im planing on getting a 4650 (dual card with my 4350)..
_
Is there any way I could optimize my card for the best PERFORMANCE, idc about the quality. It doesn`t matter to me, I was stuck 4 years with a Laptop ; Intel Core dual 1.73 Ghz
1 GB Ram
Vista 32bit
Intel GMA 945
so it doesnt quite matter for me.
___

Thx

Turn on shader? I dont get what is means ? Becuz there are 80 shaders in 4350, we can't turn them on or turn them off, right ? Can you explain it in detail? THX
I only hear to change the core and memeory via NV Control Panel or CCC.

I'm guessing by 'turning on shaders' you mean shadows. Since there is no option to turn on/off the video card's shader cores.

The problem with your system is a very weak GPU. Good CPU - the i3 530 is a dual core with 4 threads (not quad core), it's enough to max out any game without bottlenecking most single-GPU cards nowadays. The Radeon 4350 is a very low-end card though, it can't max out most of today's games, especially not at 1920x1080 with AA.

I wouldn't recommend a 4650 either, if you're planning on gaming; for playable fps at 1920x1080 with AA, go with at least a 5770 since it also has DX11. Depending on what games you're playing. Some might need a little more if you're maxing out all settings + maxing out AA, or if you want to be a few more years future-proof.

Turn on shader? I dont get what is means ? Becuz there are 80 shaders in 4350, we can't turn them on or turn them off, right ? Can you explain it in detail? THX
I only hear to change the core and memeory via NV Control Panel or CCC.

Shadows*

I'm guessing by 'turning on shaders' you mean shadows. Since there is no option to turn on/off the video card's shader cores.

The problem with your system is a very weak GPU. Good CPU - the i3 530 is a dual core with 4 threads (not quad core), it's enough to max out any game without bottlenecking most single-GPU cards nowadays. The Radeon 4350 is a very low-end card though, it can't max out most of today's games, especially not at 1920x1080 with AA.

I wouldn't recommend a 4650 either, if you're planning on gaming; for playable fps at 1920x1080 with AA, go with at least a 5770 since it also has DX11. Depending on what games you're playing. Some might need a little more if you're maxing out all settings + maxing out AA, or if you want to be a few more years future-proof.

Thx for the advice, my games don`t require that much. Except for Free Roam games, I play Prototype at Low with 1024x720 and I get about 35 fps..so yeah, I should change my card right? Can I crossfire it with the 5770?

I would say no on the crossfire, but a 5770, especially overclocked, can handle all the games you mentioned probably on high with shadows and AA etc..though 58xx is even better if you can spare the cash

also for your first post, you could try to overclock the current card, but doubtful you will see awesome results

Back