• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BG7 wierd 3:4 Ratio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnnychangs

Registered
Hi
I am loving my BG7 mobo. The only thing that I think is a bit strange is that my system is extremely unstable when trying to use the 3:4 CPU/Dram ratio. I tried it with FSB133, and it posts, but freezes when detecting hard drives. I've tried more memory voltage and relaxed memory timings and it doesn't help.

I can run the 4:5 ratio fine. I can't push everything too hard because I have no air conditioning, plus its summertime. Right now I'm at 140FSB with 4:5 ratio. Not bad performance, but I was hoping to use the 3:4 divider since I can't push my processor to hard.

Is there some magic Bios setting I am forgetting?

41 views....no replies. Anyone have any comments? I emailed Abit support, because I think this may have something to do with the "DRAM H/W Strap" setting being locked at "Low" for the 3:4 ratio. I am crossing my fingers they will send me a beta bios to enable the "High" setting when using the 3:4 ratio.

Any of you Bios modders want to try and fix this?

Thanks

my board does the same thing. 160fsb 4:5 for ddr400 works perfectly but 150 3:4 for the same ddr400 gives me a long beep and wont post. :confused:

Back