• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant resize my FAT32 partition?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What tool are you using to resize? It is always a good idea to run scandisk/chkdsk and then a GOOD defragmenter (i.e. diskeeper, not the builtin one) before resizing.

oooooooooo.....i thought i said this but i have tried with partition magik, fips, and cfdisk. i defragmented with the built in one because that is all i have.

oh and i also tried doing it with hardrake, i think that is what madrake calls their disk partitioning utillity.

man is it hard to intall linux when you have no place to put it. :mad:

i did not run scandsk so i will give that a try. i have never had any problems like this before. on my other systems(not laptops), dont know why it would make any difference. it cant be a hardwhere problem i dont think, its a fujitsu drive.

well it rebooted the computer into dos mode and started pm, it stops at the hour glass and green backround that follows the splash screen.

Back