• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock doesn't stay on startup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

john240sx

every time i start my pc i have to overclock my GF2 MX400 again, i'm using the nvidia control panel and Geforce Tweak Utility. anyone know how to make it stay?
it's not really a probablem but i forget to set it sometimes.

if your running w98 thats because the xp versions of the detonator have a limitation (or intentional bug!) with the geforce 2MXs.
i recommend you to get Rivatuner and use the low level overclock, this way RT will work right with the gpu registers and will then to load at the windows startup and apply the low level settings and unload from memory immediatelly.

strange why it wont apply then.. i think im not sure about whether the problem is only really about w98. im sure though there is the bug with geforce2mx and detonators xp.

you can try the low level with rivatuner but im not sure it will help.
RT wont stay on as powerstrip.

On my tweak utility, it has a box to check if you want the settings to be applied, on the next startup. If this box isn't checked then the settings won't be used. Perhaps, john you have that option also, just a thought.

Grande Juan said:
On my tweak utility, it has a box to check if you want the settings to be applied, on the next startup. If this box isn't checked then the settings won't be used. Perhaps, john you have that option also, just a thought.

your using the Geforce Tweak Utility? thats what i use and it has that option. i don't use it though cause i only overclock the card when im about to play. saves unnecessary stress on the card.

Actually I'm using the ASUS tweak utility. However I think that provides john240sx the answer to his dilemma.

Back