• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is the gforce4 mx 420 PCI the same speed as the geforce 4 mx420 AGP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
your bandwidth to the motherboard is half.

pci bus - 33mhz

agp bus - 66mhz

need more info?

It'll be drastically slower. Why would you get a MX420 anyway? If you go MX get a 440, it's FAR better than the 420. I think the 420 even has SDRAM.

--Illah

ssgohan434 said:
nope, only agp integrated. i wasnt as smart as i am now in comps as i was then.

i understand... the first computer i built was the same... i actually got a MICRO atx! haha! i had no clue.

dont waste your money on a pci geforce 4. Go buy a new mobo then save up a little and get a new video card. Or get a geforce 2 and a new mobo and overclock the card. You will get the same performance with this as a pci geforce 4.

If you can't afford to get a new motherboard or case then I would just buy a geforce 2 pci card. I tested the mx420 and it doesn't support DX 8. It runs about the same or faster than a geforce 2 ti card. A standard geforce 2 pci card should cost alot less than the geforce4 mx420. In the future I would make my next upgrade if I were you a bigger case. Then an AGP mb and then you can get a geforce 4 Ti 4600. :D

Back