• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GF4 ripple in games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
I have noticed in some of my games like MOHAA and Jedi Knight 2 that my Geforce 4 Ti4600 causes a type of ripple while I am in game. I don't see it in any other applications just in the games. But it doesn't appear in all of my games, like Soldier of Fortune 2 is crystal clear. Is anyone else having this problem? It is almost like a line that goes up, not really noticeable but its there. Any suggestions are welcome.

i have noticed those to when i had my gf3 ti200.....always wondered what it was.....just let it go never really affected gmae play at all

Yeah, it was happening when I had my GF3 too. I wonder if it is a nv driver bug?

I don't notice that anymore, but I used to with my Radeon and Kingpin.

Maybe monitor related?

I noticed that too in Counterstrike. Have you tried turning on V-sync?

Yeah my V-sync is always on. All of my eye candy settings are always at max. With my GF4 I can crank them up and still get great fsp!

But I wonder what it is? Maybe it has something to do with the D3D texle origin, in the center or upper part of the screen? Mine is allways set in the center.

are you talking about the way it blends the screen when you are using a performance setting rather then a higher quality one ??

i noticed on my radeon 8500 AIW if i set it to run in the inbetween setting it makes a lil ripple at about a 10 foot distance where it switches from a very detailed view and then it goes to a fuzzier one.

I don't notice that anymore, but I used to with my Radeon and Kingpin.

If you noticed it with your radeon then it is'nt an NV exclusive issue and must be some type of rendering proccess that both gpu's are incountering.

noticed on my radeon 8500 AIW if i set it to run in the inbetween setting it makes a lil ripple at about a 10 foot distance where it switches from a very detailed view and then it goes to a fuzzier one.

Yeah bro, thats it! I couldn't have said it any better myself!

i have seen this on many systems with different monitors. it's saems to be just a conflict with the monitor and the video card. i've tried swaping monitors with 2 different systems and they both worked perfrctly afterwords. Its usually caused by a low grade monitor though. megaimage is bad for it!

Back