• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ge 4 ti 600 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Compexpert

Disabled
hey guys today my screen just starts getting dots and lines on it im getting them now again i have to go before it hurts something i playin a game then it just started its getting worse what could be wrong ?

ok im back right now im in windows xp it seems ok now dots or anything it only does this in win 98 it never used to do this before now it just starts if it does it in win 98 and not xo then its not the card but the os right ?

whats to high ? give me a number if u know plz

i mean it works fine on windows xp no problems at all but win 98 it have dots and lines and ichanged my fsb back to normal and everything but still doesnt work right im getting scarrd now

you need updated drivers for 98.

if it works fine in xp and not in 98 thats the only thing it could be.

do u think that a 170 fsb could have done that ? cuss thats what i kept it on for like 2 months 170 fsb with cas 2 and turbo mod on

someone please help me its been 1 1/2 days now and i was on windows 98 for about 10 min no problems now im starting to get the ***** lins on my screen what the hell is wrong ???? my computer isnt overclocked

should i go back to regualr drivers that came with the card im using the 29.20 im ganna go try that now i hope its just drivers and not the card cuss that would really suck

but it only does this on windows 98 i get no lines i nthe bios or when the computer is booting up or even in win xp just on win 98 what could be doin this '

i did a complet virus scan updated it to no virus u did a clean disk i did a defrag and still no change im ganna go change the vid card drivers cuss it is getting worse and i dont want to hurt the card

If you only get the lines in win98 and not XP, then you might have to do a fresh install of win98 to see if it is the problem. Make sure you remove all other hardware before reinstall and put them back one at a time to find the conflict.

another thing i also noticed when my computer was booting up before i get the choice to go to win xp or 98 thier was always this purple line about 2 linches long always on the top right wasnt noticble to much but it never used to be thier but about a week ago was thier now i get dots and crap on my screen

well i took the card out and the gpu cooler of and i looked as good a could at the pins under the gpu about 3 of them didnt even look like pins they looked like one bin one that shouldnt be right so a i took a very very thin wire to get in thier and i guess it was building gunk or got some artic silver 3 under it cuss now they look like pins i took some rubbin alcohol and pored some under the gpu and then i blew really hard to rinse it out well i let it dry for a few min pugged it back in hoppin i didnt mess it up and when it booted i see no more purple line and win 98 has no more dots (so far) so i think that the card had as3 under it god i hate this stuff lol cuss 3 days ago i couldnt get any screen when it boted until i was in windows now i get dots on my screen so i hopped i fixed it im ganna go play games and stuff to see if its fixed

Back