• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BD7-II big problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TM

Registered
Hello!

My BD7II makes me crazy. I get for fith boot this mistake with WinXP-Home:
"can't find c:\windows\system\config\sytem"
And XP was destruct. What can be cause for this? Can it be my HDD, then i use my second HDD to install XP(but destroit XP was on c:\ ) all was ok and system was very stable. But now i clean up all and install XP on c: after a restart after 2 days XP was destroyed.Ever then i separate my system from power.

I hope somebody has an idea for my prob.

THX

Ciao
Tino

is your RAM o.k.?

give more informations about your system!

i don´t think, that your BD7-II is the failure...

did you check your HDD? which HDD you have?

HI!

ok, i checked my RAM with MEMTEST86, after 1,5h it has no mistakes found.

My sytem :
ABIT-BD7II-Raid, P41.8A@FSB125(Vcore +15%), 1*512MB-PC2700-Samsungchip 3rd, 2*WD 300BB, PCI2-SB Audigy, PCI3-free, PCI4-ELSA56K, PCI5-Intel10/100Pro+
Win-XP-Home.

The HDD was scan with scandisc and has no mistakes. How can i get a stable system? I want to check HDD with an WD-Tool.

THX for help.

Ciao
Tino

the xp problem with the lost file happens to me quite alot when i'm pushing the envelope on my system.

it only happens when it locks up while you are in windows, and not everytime it locks up does it do this.

the reason is the NTFS file structure... while being more efficient is pretty fragile. the linux file structure is even more fragile. you could freeze a 9x based machine a million times and this wouldn't happen very often cause the fat32 file system if pretty stable no matter what you do to it.

when i overclock i have my windows xp installed on a seperate 3gb windows only partition so that i never lose data.

takes me about 30 minutes to reinstall windows which isn't too bad.

Hi!

Your idea can be the right. I use XP on NTFS and this mistakes comes. If I use FAT32 system was stable, but every boot scandisk came. Then i get NTFS (should be very good) the file was destroyed. I had this problem on no other system yet. Can ABIT have a stable-problem? Is my first ABIT-Board und i have only trouble. to high temperatures and the XP-Crashes.

I have XP on a 2,5GB Partition but i hate the activation every time.

I hope i can repair all.

THX for all help.

Ciao
Tino

Last edited:
Back