• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCX4000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
millertime said:
slk-800 will dominate it. thats all i have to say

damn some times I wodner why we have reviews when we have people as smart as millertime...:rolleyes:

well atleast he knows what socket things are designed for....wait nevermind

How about we have someone who knows what tehre talking about and has actualy used this before we pass any judgement on it.

Yeah, good job millertime :( Notice I said, "specifically designed for P4's." SLK800 is SPECIFICALLY designed for Socket A, meaning Athlon XP, MP, TB...

Oh, and sorry about that mislink to Swiftech FIZZ3 :)

Klashe said:
Yeah, good job millertime :( Notice I said, "specifically designed for P4's." SLK800 is SPECIFICALLY designed for Socket A, meaning Athlon XP, MP, TB...

Oh, and sorry about that mislink to Swiftech FIZZ3 :)

NP... they should have had that URL anyway hehe... kinda like www.abit.com oh well.

The HS design looks to be more of the same though. Not that it won't perform (look how well the 8045 did, a bigger version of the old 6035), but except for the nice magnetic lev fan, there isn't a lot of 'sparkling innovation' going on.

I know what ya mean FIZZ3... :(

Still, this product looks to be promising.

Here is another link to check out (they have better prices from what I can see) ~ www.coolbreeze.com

Im quite aware what socket type the two heatsinks are for. I was just saying that slk-800 is better. If thermalright made a PIV slk-800 it would probably be better. thats just my 2cents

millertime said:
Im quite aware what socket type the two heatsinks are for. I was just saying that slk-800 is better. If thermalright made a PIV slk-800 it would probably be better. thats just my 2cents

Thats like comparing a plum to a grape :rolleyes:

Thermalright already makes a fantastic heatsink for the P4 socket 478, the Ax-478 and its a great heatsink that performs great and is about the easiest heatsink to affix to the mobo.

The Swiftech with the new fan design is designed for low noise and knowing Swiftech it probably will perform admirably

Back