• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant get the bios to flash to the latest on ST-6 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

I read the sticky and printed it and followed the instructions exactly. I dled the latest bios for my ST-6 mobo (one without raid). When I get into the Award flash utility and give the command to run the new bios it tells me that it is not the right bios for my mobo. I dled the bios right off of the Abit website and it is the one for my mobo. What am I doing wrong? I believe that the bios that I dled is the 8a bios, the latest one.

C'mon guys, somebody has got to have some advice here. Hasnt anybody else had this problem? Because as it stands with the bios that the board shipped with, I cant run my burner and my cd-rom on the same ide, it wont detect one or the other when plugged in at the same time.

I got it, the sticky above did not contain the correct instructions for my mobo. I read the "readme" file within the bios update and it had the correct instructions for updating the bios. Worked like a charm and am now up to the latest bios for my mobo.

Back