• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Artifacting!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mojoman

Registered
My system:

Duron 900 @ 1000, 384MB PC133, GF2 Ti 32MB DDR (PC166 chips = 333mhz :/), TNT2 M64 32MB PCI -I have two monitors you see, Obviously the AGP card is primary, Windows 2000 Pro.

In the image below you see Black & White behaving horribly, with big smelly artifact making it unplayable. It seems to be some fomr of software issue - theres no way its y card worked fine when I had win98 on - and on my other pc (win98). I've tried the latest - the oldest, in the middle, and anything else version drivers, Tried 28.something and now I jsut tried 15.30. No avail. I assumes the artifacts were due to the Z/W buffer issue - but no, even when disabled or with advanced W buffer on. Still the same. The second monitorvideo card is disabled - os dont ask me whether its that.

I got a feeling i need to say bye bye to windows 2000, and install 98 or maybe even XP - That is unless someone has any suggestions?

Oh and this iamge does not show much artifacting - but believe me it really is terrible :(

Hey, my sacrifice game does the exact same thing!

I used to be fine, I don't know which driver I was using but about a month ago I updated my driver to the newest and now I get those same artifacts in my game once in a while.

It's not so bad so I haven’t tried to find my older drivers and go back to them.

Looking at your screen shot the game looks very similar to Sac. I wonder if there is an issue with Nvidia drivers and this engine.

Edit: I also am using win2K.

Last edited:
run with pci bus at 33MHz (default speeds, not overclocked) and also video card at stock speed.

i mean, the video card bus outputting the artifacting img, if agp, 66MHz.

Last edited:
Could be due to bad memory on the vid card. Have you tried pulling out the AGP, and playing with just the PCI card? There's a bunch of things that could cause it. Service pack 2 installed? There may be a patch for 2000 that solves the problem. Which vesion of directX are you using?

hmmm,

I didn't think about the DX factor. I am still using 8.0, need to get 8.1. Maybe that will take care of our problem? (or at least mine)

Sorry didn't mean to take over your thread.

Yeah laready did all the obvious stuff, PCI clock, AGP transfer etc, MEM clock, etc etc, drivers, det destroyer? nope.

I was already running 29.80, tried everything. some drivers are even more messed up I got a folder with 50 different drivers taking up over 160M -

Another thing - I got GTA3 today - it runs FINE. In fact better than fine. As someone said earlier I think its an incompatibilty with W2K/NV and particular engines...

Oh well thx lot dudes

Back