• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDTV Tuner cards anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vfrjim1

I was wondering if anyone here was using either the HiPix or the MYhd HDTV PCI tuner cards? Are you happy with either one? I purchased the HiPix, but have not installed it yet due to USPS taking forever for my motherboard and cpu delivery :( Anyone not familiar with these cards, they allow you to receive and display/record HDTV signals on your PC, they use about 8 gigs of harddrive space and lose no quality of signal on playback, can't wait to try mine. and yes, you can record analog signals and use a website to schedule recordings so that it acts just like a Tivo.

Jim

The cheaper one on that site for a mac doesn't tune in HD signals and the more expensive one is WAY out of most peoples budget, especially if you want to have two of them in a computer so you can pause live TV and replay it, both of the two cards that I mentioned are $399/$359 respectively, software is a little buggy, but it is progressing.

Back