• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A couple of problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingdom

Hi.

Ok, i just bought a new computer, ordered the components over a few months and out it all together last week, but i have a few issues mostly in the game counter-strike !

the system:

P4 2.26 @ 2.7 1,6v
512mb 2700ddr kingston
Asus Gf4 ti 4600
WD 80gb jb HD
Asus P4b533-v mobo
SB live 5.1
Sony 19" g420
chieftec cabinet with a 340W powersupply.
Running win xp

Now to the first problem

Playing Cs is really jaggy, i blame the monitor for this, because i tried the machine with another vid card at the same monitor and it ran jaggy too, another monitoron and its smooth, for anyone who knows cs, it feels like setting m_filter to 0 times 10, really uncomfortable, where do i find sony drivers even though the OS recognize the monitor ? or have anyone experienced the same with the same monitor ?

Second, with this system i kinda feel that lag is something i shouldnt experience, but guess not, 4 ppl in the waters at aztec shooting and my frames drop to some 60fps....@ 1024*768

A friend of mine have a xp 1800+ and a gf4 ti4400 and doesnt experience lag at any time...

Everything else runs fine, get 12000+ in 3dmark2001se and so on.

Im aware of the massive cpu power counterstrike demands to run optimal, but kinda feel i should have it.

Ive heard some solutions

1. is to install win 2000 and go for directx 8.0, wich apparently helped some other ppl with the same kinda problem

2. dowload a hotfix for xp addressing a gta3 problem...it didnt work.

Now is my monitor supposed to jag like that ? if it is so id rather go for a samsung, and are my only chance at the fps drop a change to win2k ?

Im getting 512mb new ram tomorow from another firm, hoping this could help.

So far ive reinstalled xp, tried like 4 different drivers, installed intel's inf drivers, wich surely increases fps, but i had them on as soon xp were installed the first time...

Plz help :-/

Last edited:
For the fps drop, I experience similar problems in Tribes 2, its a cpu thing (though I expect it with my cpu), I would venture a guess that its the fact that you're running PC 2700, the P4 really is built for big bandwidth, whereas the XP is running with what it was built for, but then again, thats just a guess, and 2.7 should cover any sort of abnormalities like that anyways.

As for the Sony drivers, try their website, see what you can find, but it might be a physical hardware problem with the monitor, you might want to go back to where you bought it from and either RMA it or turn it in for them to look at.

Back