• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PIII retail heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nyrlath

Anyone know where I can pickup retail heatsink/fans for PIIIs? (ie: the ones that normally come with them boxed)

EDIT: ok well i found plenty to go around on EBAY. Are these crap? I want quiet, and they seem quiet. They will be going on dual PIII 866 cpus.

Nyrlath...

Last edited:
Nyrlath said:
Anyone know where I can pickup retail heatsink/fans for PIIIs? (ie: the ones that normally come with them boxed)

EDIT: ok well i found plenty to go around on EBAY. Are these crap? I want quiet, and they seem quiet. They will be going on dual PIII 866 cpus.

Nyrlath...

They're sufficient if you're not planning on extreme overclocking. I've taken the factory model that came with my p3 800 and lapped all the anodizing off the base and reinstalled w/ ac3 and right now I've got it running @900 under full load w/ folding @ home and the occasional Quake3 at a steady range of 37c to 39c whith an ambient temp of 75f in the room. Case temps are ranging around 26c to 29c depending on whether my air conditioner is running or not.:cool:

Try and find the Intel retail sinks for pIII 1 gig cpus- there pretty good- my local shop has a bin full of them- for like $3-9 :-D-
Spyder

Great, thanks for the insight peoples. Its a dualboard that will act as my primary server so NO overclocking.

No overclocking????? I run my duals at 1.125 :-D from the stock 1gig :-D runs apache, cs, red faction, and win 2000 server nicely -
SPyder

With dual 1ghz I see no need for overclocking =P
And my server is my 3rd machine down the line so I dont play games on it.

Back