• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k3a+ not working with Pc2700 ram??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

Hey- ive had this board for a long time- got it the day it came out-but then i hace pc2100 samsung- i now upgraded to pc2700 and it will not boot at anything other then normal ram timmings- what voltage/ timming works? Im lost here...... and i just blew a $400 MSI gf4 4600......... :-(

Spyder

I have three of these boards and they are a bit fickle with their RAM. The best results I've found, thanks to a suggestion here in the forums, was to put the RAM in DIMM number 2.

The board wouldn't boot when the mem was in slot one, turned the machine off, moved it over one slot, and it booted up fine.

Now if I could only solve the temp problems... :(

Wedo

Its samsung Pc2700 from a local retailer- im going to take it and switch it for some crucial monday :-\ it sucks....
Spyder

You have to burn in your samsung pc2700 stick. These modules don't like to be ran at high voltages. Let it run for a day or two at default vdimms and then gradually increase the value. I think you can get about 220 fsb with these sticks........and the vdimms set a 3.0 :D

Back