• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit VH6-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

Hey- i got this board from my work cause it would not boot with a pIII 800- i think its the processor (maily cause it wont work in the new board either...... and switched out everything else) Is this a good board? Anything you know that i might be missing why this thing wont work with my pIII 800eb?
Spyder

Have you set / reset the settings to the correct FSB and ram and stuff. It could be at 100 and needs to be at 133, or the other way around. If there is a jumper to set this, do it, otherwise reset the BIOS.
Has the chip worked on any other board?
If the power is coming on, but there is nothing coming on the screen, then the chip may be broke.

Are you referring to the VH6T? It is a very good board. I think you want to reset the CMOS on the board and start from there. It should default everything. If your computer still fails to boot, chances are, the chip is gone.

Back