• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lost performance on visontek mx400 from p2 @ 400 to athlon @1000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YETI

i don't know how but i have lots performance upgrading to amd athlon 1000
from a celeron 400 i am using a abit kt7a could it be bios or drivers?? i have the v12.40 drivers do i need bios drivers ?

before i put the new chip in i got 68 on ziff davis 3d media benchmark after the new chip a 40 help me

welcome to the forum.

The Abit KT7a Has a great deal of Bios options for the AGP.. how have you set those up ?

try using a diferent benchmark, like 3d mark 2001, and also do a fresh install of windows and use the 7.49 drivers, they are the best

i have been trying to run 3d mark 2001 but i need direct x 8 and i can't get to microsofts page for some reason ...(a curse for deleting ie) anyways i can't get direct x 8 and it sucks any reason for that ... as for the bios options i went and changed them to what was given to me in the user guide and toyed with some other stuff ... help i need speed

Back