• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oc’ing a Geforce 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyber mouse45

Cyber Cheesiest Senior
I was just wondering if I should overclock my Geforce 4 4400. Would I notice a big difference, or any difference with my games? I play a lot of JK2, UT, Max Payne, etc., and they seem to be running just fine with all the options on max, and in 1024x768. And really, they don’t look like they could get much better, or faster. My system is getting something like 9100 3Dmarks, and nothing has been overclocked yet. What do you think?

I'd say yes to that and overclock everything else also if your comfortable with it. Even it only is 150 or 200 points they do add up. I went from 72xx to 92xx default 3Dmark2001. I did this due to mildly overclocking everything, and yes I do notice a difference, especially in gaming.

It depends on what you're looking for. If you're a benchmark junkie, overclock it. If you want more eye candy (aka fsaa anisotropic filtering etc) overclock it. If you want to mod and play with something else, overclock it :D

Or, if you're fine with what you have now, and you're getting 60-75 fps, and don't fit any of the criteria above, stay pat :)

Or, if you're fine with what you have now, and you're getting 60-75 fps, and don't fit any of the criteria above, stay pat

And then again,overclock it,that's why we're here.

Ok, I guess I’ll give it a shot. I’m going to oc my cpu some, so I might as well do the gf4 too.

And hey, if my card goes up in flames, I’ll know who to blame.

J/k guys. :D Thanks for your help.

Back