• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Assembled and filled my H20 loop last night...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ge|atinousFury

Last night my friend and I stayed up until 3 a.m. setting up my watercooling loop. This was my first computer H20 experience in my life, so it took a little longer than I thought. I love it though and it looks sweet!!! I'm running:

Pump: Eheim 1048
Radiator: Dtek Pro Core with Shroud (cooled by 103.8cfm Panaflo H1A pulling air in the case through the radiator)
Waterblock: TC-4 Rev. 2
Tubing: 1/2" Tygon R-3603

My coolant mixture is 5% Waterwetter/ 95% H20. Everthing is held together by hose clamps. That Pro Core and shroud was larger than I thought......it barely fit into my Antec SX1030B!! The system has been running almost 21 hours now, and these tiny tiny bubbles keep forming on the walls of my bleed line. Not much, but enough that if I flick the line with my finger, it knocks some of them loose. They seem to come back again after an hour or two passes. The loop is setting on my kitchen counter right now for leak testing, and after 21 hours I haven't had a single leak. I'm gonna try to borrow a digital camera from someone and post some pics ASAP. Can't wait to get it in my case and put it to work!!! And a huge THANKS goes out to everyone on the forum for answering my questions and giving suggestions!!

P.S.-- Can anyone suggest to me if the tiny air bubbles forming on the walls of the bleed line should be happening? If air was getting into the system,wouldn't that mean that water could escape and there would be a leak? Like I said earlier, the loop's been running for 21 hours and I can see no air whatsoever in the system except for those small bubbles in the bleed line.

Last edited:
I wouldn't think it's a problem. Water loses air bubbles like that...try letting a glass of water sit on your desk overnight...same thing.

If you are getting air sucked into the system, there'd probably be foam on the top of the water inside the fill tube. If that's the case, then I'd look at the suction side of the pump (the fitting parallel with the pump body) for a loose fitting sucking air. And just because it sucks air doesn't mean it will leak water.

If the water level in the fill tube has no foam or bubbles collecting, then it's like I'd said at the top. In a day or two, you'll be able to give your radiator a thump and have bubbles come out of that too...it happens.

Feel Better?...and welcome to Watercooling!

Diggrr said:
I wouldn't think it's a problem. Water loses air bubbles like that...try letting a glass of water sit on your desk overnight...same thing.

If you are getting air sucked into the system, there'd probably be foam on the top of the water inside the fill tube. If that's the case, then I'd look at the suction side of the pump (the fitting parallel with the pump body) for a loose fitting sucking air. And just because it sucks air doesn't mean it will leak water.

If the water level in the fill tube has no foam or bubbles collecting, then it's like I'd said at the top. In a day or two, you'll be able to give your radiator a thump and have bubbles come out of that too...it happens.

Feel Better?...and welcome to Watercooling!

Phew...I feel a lot better. I looked, and no foam or bubbles at the top:D

Thanks for the welcome!

Well, you've got half the experiance over with.

Now comes the hard part, OCing, and posting results. =)

LETS SEE SOME TEMPS!

my liquid rite now is a little alcohol and some water, and wow did it ever create a lot of bubles, so i let it bleed for an hr, and i still had just thousands of little tiny ones, so i booted it up, and it bleeded out as the day went on, and the temps never went down, so it really cant hurt anything.....

Well, I have very little experience with OC'ing, but I've got the determination, and what is the preferred medium here for posting temps and the like? Maskedgeek, I was glad to hear that the bubbles didn't affect your temps any. That thought had crossed my mind.

It's not nessecarily standard prictice to post temps, but it's always nice.

We trust whatever you type, you don't need to take screencaps if you don't want to.

If you could post idle temps, full load temps, and your ambient temperature at the time those two temps were taken, that'd be excellent.

if you can get water(before waterblock) air and cpu, on die if possible.... and another helpful thing is wattage, or at least speed and voltage...

because 140watts i was doing like 58c wc and that may sound like a lot.... thats on die also...

lol everything i post you post almost the same thing above me!! like a second ahead of me!:D

Über~PhLuBB said:
It's not nessecarily standard prictice to post temps, but it's always nice.

We trust whatever you type, you don't need to take screencaps if you don't want to.

If you could post idle temps, full load temps, and your ambient temperature at the time those two temps were taken, that'd be excellent.

Will do!

How would I measure ambient temps?? I'm kinda confused on that part.....I have the Asus PC Probe utility that came w\ my A7V333, and it tells CPU temps and my motherboard temps. Is my motherboard temp the ambient temp? Also I have Sisoft Sandra and it has both cpu and mobo temps.....so how does someone comes up with an ambient temp value? I have one other question also.

.... and another helpful thing is wattage
How do I get the wattage?

If you go to www.guru3d.com and download a little programm called OCtool that tells you your CPU wattage.

Welcome to the world of water :D

If you have the guts to use watercooling and you didnt break anything in the attempt then you should make a good overclocker.

Motherboard temp is generally the temperature of a diode mounted to the motherboard, so if the air in your case is warm (assumping you use a case) it will read above ambient.

I just use the household thermomiter to find out ambient temperature. Also look in your Kitchen and find a glass thermomiter to measure water temperature, as water tem is a good way to see how well your radiator is performaing.

Back