• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just a tick to tell me whick one u like better

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dansonang

Abit siluro 64mb Geforce4 ti 4200
Msi 128 mb (should be)geforce4 ti 4200
Millenium Silver Geforce4 ti 4200
Visiontech Xtasy Geforce4 ti 4200

is ti 4400 better?

y izzit that in reviews that compare Geforce4 with radeon 8500. Radeon looks sucky. But in madonion radeon seem to be on par with geforce4 with scores?

Just tell me

Depends on which geforce 4 comparing to the 8500. The Ti 4600 easily beats the 8500. I like the Visiontek and also Abit cards. From what I hear the MSI cards are good too. as the defference between the 4200 the 4400 and the 4600. Its the core clock and memory speed. I don't know the exact specs but the 4600 is clocked higher and with the fastest memory.

The Radeon 8500 scores close to the GF4's in 3Dmark2001SE yes.. but why limit yourself to ONE score to judge a cards performance.. thats like buying a car on what one sounds fastest.. and not caring how they handle or accelerate..
Check benchmarks for the 8500's vs GF4's in OpenGL applications like Q3a, JK2, and maybe some other older things such as DirectX 7 games etc.

I thought the abit 4200 ti seemed to be the best of the 4200ti crop, but apparently after reading this review, it seems that they are so lousy, y izzit so?

dansonang said:
I thought the abit 4200 ti seemed to be the best of the 4200ti crop, but apparently after reading this review, it seems that they are so lousy, y izzit so?

they seem to have very nasty cooling. if you look at this you notice the abit gets incredibly hotter than the others. which i bet is why they had trouble overclocking the core over 290.
comparison.jpg

Back