• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Smack me if this's been posted before.. (pin style water blocks)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Script Kiddie

When Danger den has that maze water block, the water flows in one side, through the maze, and out the other side. If I remember correctly turbulent fluids will hold more heat. If all the water's doing is flowing in, mazing, then exiting it's not getting very turbulent? It's also moving cold liquid around the outer edges then to the middle then to the edge again so it's "prewarming" the liquid before it hits the center where the core is. Why not have a forrest of pins on the floor of the block with the input centered on top and the waste being gathered on the edges? I'm new to overclocking but it seems to not follow common sense...

How does one go about smacking you:D

DANGER DEN PIN FIN

ddf4.jpg

ddf2.jpg
ddf1.jpg

OWENATOR has one too:beer:

if instead of using a 1/16" sawblade and they used a 1/32"(can you get that small?) and they also rotated the workpiece 120* instead of 180*. You'd end up having to make three sets of cuts but you'd have offset fins.

Hot Spots?

I'd be worried about hotspots forming in a design like that as well as the narrow channels overly restricting water flow. Anybody have any data on the cooling-solutions block?

Back