• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AthlonXP 2000+ @ 1.8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

I OCd my CPU core voltage is 1.85 and FSB is 144, multiplyer is 12.5. It runs fine, 45C with my heatpipe. Stepping AGOIA. But when I run F@H it freezes. I am going to run some more tests on it for now. Any ideas why it isn't stable? I have the Abit KR7A-RAID motherboard with the latest BIOS, which supports the XP 2200+. I am using WindowsXP with all it's updates. Anything I can do? I'll try re-installing F@H now. My CPU in windows is coming up as an XP 2200+ at 1.8 (default for 2200+s I think).

-Shaun

Get Prime95, it can be found at AOAFiles.com

I think your comp is locking up because of heat. The heat is getting crazy at the moment all around, and it sounds as if you're describing 45 idle, since it won't even run Folding@home (Lockups usually mean heat).

Back to Prime95, if you're able to run Prime95 for 48hours straight it's stable, however stable is one thing you have to keep an eye on the temps and such. It seems as if 144 may not be stable, perhaps try a burn in for sometime then you'll be able to hit that speed.

If temperatures get too intense when running Prime95 (Anything beyond 50), turn it off and turn the voltage and overclock down because it's obviously overheating.

I have Crucial(Micron) DDR pc2100 ECC registered. And I am nto getting too hot. I can run stable at 55C, I never reach 55C at 1800mhz when it locks up. I think it might just be unstable.

-Shaun

hey, i live in portland OR also.. I think we've talked before on aim. It's a small world isn't it..?

Intrepid6546 said:
I have Crucial(Micron) DDR pc2100 ECC registered. And I am nto getting too hot. I can run stable at 55C, I never reach 55C at 1800mhz when it locks up. I think it might just be unstable.

-Shaun

I think it is either your RAM or your processor. 1.8 for an AGOIA is on the low end for the max overclock, but is quite possible thats it. On the other hand 144 for a ram meant to go 133 is pushing it a little bit much, but I would have thought Crucial could handle that. Heres what you can try to do, either unlock the multiplier and get the fsb down to 133 or raise the CAS latency on the ram as high as it will go to take the fsb completely out of the picture. That way your isolating your processor from teh system. There is also an outside chance that either one of your I/O cards or hard drive cant handle the fsb of 144. Do you have any really old I/O cards or hard drives in your system?

Well, I could also just get a new motherboard and CPU. I am plannig on doing that someday anyway. For now it is new RAM. If I get DDR PC3200 and put it into a board rated for only 2100 will it work and will it hurt anything? I don
't care if it dosent work at 3200 jsut that it works, when I get a new board it'll be at 3200

-Shaun

Back