• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mulitple clients with FAH3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeepScience

Super Kiwi
The -local tag does not seem to do anything with FAH3.
All clients (one GUI and up to 3 console versions) end up with the same user ID number.

It has been suggested that the FAH 3 edition uses the "machine ID" instead of the -local switch. ie, they each get the same ID number (so the active CPU stats at stanford are correct) but you have to specifiy in the console advanced settings a different machine ID for each instance of the client, eg 1,2,3, or 4.

But I can't find any definate info about what the machine ID is for.

I suppose I could try deleting just the user ID line in the config file. I've tried deleting the whole config file, and everything else too sometimes. Always get the same user ID number again.:rolleyes:

Um, I made 2 folders (F@H1 and F@H2) then ran the client in each.

I recieved 2 different WU's for each one, and they both used %50 of the CPU.

I tried adding the -local switches, but they got deleted somehow, but everything seems to be going ok.

the machine ID is for multiple cpu's so if you setup more than one client you will need to set machine ID's

Back