• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I remove XP from the bootloader screen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePerfectCore

Red Raccoon Dojo
I had XP on another HDD, but deleted it, because I needed the extra space, and XP didn't have anything I needed that Win2kPro didn't.

As such, I'd like to remove XP from the boot-loader screen as well. I've tried it manually, but the option to boot "Microsoft Windows (Default)" with 3 seconds to decide otherwise won't go away.

How can I get rid of that option for good?

No boot.ini found in that directory. All boot information is in the partition that Windows 98SE is installed on.

I already DID that, doofus! :p

[Boot Loader]
Timeout=5
Default=\WINNT
[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect
C:\="Microsoft Windows"

This is my boot.ini file, and I have no idea where the third option is located within.

Yes. Why, yes, it was.

"Doofus! :p" is playful sarcasm.

"Doofus! :mad:" is a mean thing to say.

Don't you love internet smilies?

Remove C:\="Microsoft Windows", and change the Timeout to 0. That will cause it to load Win2k automatically with no menu.

Thank you, YakBak, for contributing to the cause.

Nevermind. I figured it out. And I do *not* want a 0 second delay, I wish to switch to 98SE when I want to.

If we are on the same page, it would be the NTOSKRNL.EXE, but why do you want that removed?

Back