• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to change AGP from 2x to 1x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Len

I'm working on a friend's system. He has a problem in which Quake3 locks up mid-game with the sound looping. I've seen this before on my old K62 system and the solution was to change the AGP in the BIOS from 2x to 1x. The problem with my friend's system is that he doesn't seem to have an AGP setting in the BIOS. This is a Celeron 466 on a Abit mb and Award BIOS I think (probably an older version).

Is there anyway to change AGP from 2x to 1x in sofware? Perhaps some utility?

Go to TweakFiles.com and do a search for ZTAGPTool. This will allow you to manipulate your AGP settings in such a way. I fyou have trouble finding it let me know and I'll email it to you. It's a pretty small program.

Joh, thanks! I got the utility and was able to change AGP to 1x but after a reboot the utility reported I was at 2x again. Is this something I have to set each time I restart the system?

Back