• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec TruePower - hotter than hades

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myrdhinn

Registered
My only gripe but I could almost fry eggs on this thing. The Enermax 431 I took back never ran this hot.. okay I imagine its the lame fan speeds of the PSU. I've notice they run a good 1000rpms slower than the Enermax. Ive never seen the fan go over 1825rpm where the Enermax would go as high as 2800rpm. Other than that, the rails are a lot more stable.

heh was just a comment. Just wondered if everyone else's ran so hot. Temps have gone up 3-4 degrees C but considering everyone in this building is running 1-2 a/c per unit in the heat we're having I'm more impressed with the voltages... much more stable than the Enermax. I just wish Antec had made their thermal control of the fans on the psu more agressive.

See if you can bypass the thermal control unit like the I did on my old regular antec psu. Haven't opened up my 480w true power yet. No reason too, temps have stayed the same.

my antec smart power is giving off a lot of heat too, my +5v is at 4.86 and i would like it higher...i heard i could change the pots, but how do i do this? im going to open the thing up to put better fans in it so i dont care about the warrantee

Back