• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp2200+ with nv7m microatx?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eXcelon969

will this work??, also, what benefit would i have in getting pc3000 ddr over pc2100 ddr.

thanks,
brent

there is a bios update that allows the nv7m to handle up to the 2200. it says it doesn't handle it with the factory bios, but i don't see why when the only option to set the cpu speed is the fsb. there are several options 100/100/66(cpu,mem,agp) 100/133/66, 133/100/66, 133/133/66. So unless they made big changes to the bios, this board has no overclocking abilities. also currently i cannot figure out how to get a card to work in the agp slot.

i personally would buy the asus A7N266-VM if i had the chance again. i've read about other problems with the nv7 that i don't remember, but the stupidity of the bios is enough to **** me off.

well, i need a microATX board for the mod i'm doing. and the nforce boards have lan/audio built in. maybe i'll see what the nforce2 is like.

all the problems I'm having with the abit should be irrelevant on the asus, i downloaded the manual to it and the bios is set up completely different, i think the asus even has overclocking abilities.

if I buy another micro-atx it will be that one.

as far as the ddr, the higher the number the higher (in theory) the fsb it can handle. if you don't plan on overclocking or only slightly, there is no real benefit i don't think.

Back