• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling accessory question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

safemode

I'm making a closed circuit water cooling rig and I'm having serious trouble finding any parts at local hardware stores and radio shack and home depot and aquarium stores and such for parts. This forces me to pay premium prices and shipping for these parts but oh well.

I need plastic in-line bleeding valves to bleed out the air in the system. The tubing is 3/8" internal diameter.

Also, plastic barbs 1/2" with 3/8" internal diameter ..i could probably find nuts to go on the other side of these barbs at home depot. Straight.

I need these to come from the same site...So any suggestions of where to find these ? I saw them a long time ago and didn't think i'd do water cooling at the time...bah. Any help would be great :)

Also, I'd like to have all the hoses silicon sealed since i'm using heavier hoses (non-nylon or silicon) ...so I wont need clamps ..but if they make metal clamps for 1/2->3/8 ..i'd like to have them at the same site as the others. But sites that dont have all the parts but one or the other would be great to know... I've looked at every site in the VH affiliates list and none of them will do...

That's not asking too much is it ? heh :)

Thanks again in advance.

I found all I needed at Home Depot ?? Connection wise that is ..
Just have a Nylon "T" at the top with about 7 inches of hose going up .. Works great !!

I'm not looking for some T join though.. I'm looking for what i said. It's not at home depot which is why i'm here. I've been there...they looked at me like i was asking for Radioactive material.

also, what did you mean by T connectors working great...as bleeding valves? How do you suppose i cut off the flow to the open end of the T? I'd end up having to put a stopper on it, so either i'd have an ugly looking T "valve" to bleed or a bleeding valve that was made to do the thing it does and look good.

I mean i understand the botched way of doing things but i'm not doing this for junkyard wars or on a box i'm just screwing around with. It's also a water cooling setup I plan on not needing to change for quite a number of years. My case is big enough to handle any of the new hardware coming out and the way i'm making the water cooling setup it should be able to handle twice as much heat as my Tbird 1.13Ghz can put out.

But besides all that... I know there are sites that have these accessories. just cant seem to google them or search for them. someone must have happened by them and know the url's.

Back