• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with ga-7vrxp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizman

Registered
help help help. i perchased the gig 7x kt333 mobo v1.1. i can not get games to run without some kind of error or shut down. at first i thought it was video driver problem. i went to the int and downloaded every driver i could find, video,os,mobo. and still can't run games without problems. if anyone knows the secret to getting this mobo to perform, please please let me know. antec mini server w\430ps
ga-7vrxp mobo
amd 1800+ w\valcano7 5000rpm
ati-8500le w\heat-sink add-ons
40gig w.d 7200 h.d

Looks more like a software problem, try formatting and reinstalling Windows.
ToF

Try bumbing up your vcore 5%, if that doesnt work try 7.5%. It should work then. This board has voltage regulation issues. I have the same problem. It is only affected in 3d applications which strain video card. Your cpu temp will be a bit higher. But youll be able to run stable.( if it still doesnt work drop your agp to 2x instead of 4x)

re:

Hey all, posted this elsewhere but this seemed the right place for some answers, BTW how r u guys getting these high scores as if i go anywhere above 144 the thing hangs, temp is definately not the problem.

Still learning but Q i have is that max i can get WITHOUT unlocking CPU is 1655 stable (1800+)using software utility Easy Tune 4 (BTW, any have this and notice that they cant use all the adjusting features, only FSB??).
I tried upping the Vcore through the BIOS as the utility doesnt give me access to this adjustment(??) from 1.74 to 1.8. Now when booting into windows with FSB at 133 (default) and at 1530 everything seems to go alot slower. Running 3D mark shows shocking results. CPU temp is at 44 C using Volcanoe 7+.
So y does computer bog down if temp is ok??
Cheers.

P.S By upping the Vcore, does this mean i can get higher speed than that acheived with just upping FSB alone??

------------------------
XP 1800+ (1655 stable 41C)
GA-7VRXP (rev 1.1)
Vcore 1.7
ddr256
volcanoe 7+

Last edited:
i want to thank everyone for the replies, but i had to rma the board because i tryed everything to get the ga-7vrxp mobo to perform in 3d, nothing worked. i formatted the system 6 differant times and loaded two diff op systems 98 and me. the resaults where allways the same, bsod or shut down and boot back to windows. changed v-core on cpu and agp in every combo and had no luck. my mobo was versoin 1.1 i have heard there is a 2.0 ce version out, maybe i will try that or pos get the epox mobo. thanks again:p .

Has anyone tried to run 3d games on a 2.0 version? When I rma'ed my old one I got a 2.0 version. Still haven't bought the GF4. If anyone out there has the 2.0 version and is running 3d games fine with GF4 let me know. Thanks.

i'm in the process of rma'ing my ga-7vrxp and it was approved. so if i get the 2.0 version i'll let you know how it's working, but i have a ati radeon 8500le and not a geforce so we'll see...
i'm also thinking if i don't get the 2.0 version, i might just go ahead and get the msi kt3 ultra aru instead. however, maybe i'll get the abit krx7333r instead. i haven't made up my mind yet.

Re: motherboard issues

It's likely to be a processor Vcore regulation problem.

The Soyo SY-K7VTA-B motherboard has processor
Vcore regulation issues without the latest BIOS.

I suggest you raise the processor voltage at least one step.

thank for all the reply's. i have allready rma the ga-7xrvp mobo i had and i am waiting for new egg to credit my acount. i am also wandering if anyone has the 2.0 version mobo, and if so is it stable wile in 3d? i really wanted the gig mobo because the oc feacher it had was cool i could click on the gearshift in my systems tray and move the fsb higher without jumping from bios to windows and back. it also booted up so fast to windows, everytime i turned my pc on i was allways amaized, by the time the monitor picture was up i was at windows, cool:eek:

well i am considuring the abit kxr-333 r or the msi kt333 ultra aru, unless i hear something good about the 2.0 in the next two days see ya wiz.

Back