• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 4SDA+ BIOS!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

inverseflux

Registered
http://www.epox.com/html/english/support/motherboard/bios/4sda.htm

Thought I'd post this for those who go here more often then to epox's site... ;)

I haven't installed this update quite yet, I will when I get home tonight.

The following is what it updates:

According to Intel's requirement "Processor Signature>= F13h" and "Brand ID = A0h" must show as "Intel Celeron (R)"

Disable PCHEALTH_4EarlyShutdownSystem, PCHEALTH_4NoFanShutdownSystem if checksum fail.

Update High Point 372 BIOS v2.32.

Patch can't detect Audio codes.

Fixed some CPU use default ratio will not get correct CPU ratio.

Fixed press "Insert" key will not load default value.

Show PC3200 in POST when DRAM clock over 200MHz.

If anyone else updates, post it, let me(us) know how it worked out.

Last edited:
! ! !

Seems like a smooth update, says my memory is PC3200 now, which is nice. I was able to up my fsb a few(133 to 135), keeping the same voltage, still taking a look at it, haven't tried high end yet(above 150).

So far so good, smooth update.

Also, my temps seem to be slightly closer to real, 51 idle. haven't tested the full load yet... I just flashed it ;)

When you update just remember to clear the CMOS. I could not get mine to POST after flashing.
My temps have gone down by 10 degrees :)

Interesting, I didn't have to reset my cmos after updating, and I had custom settings prior to flashing as well. I would have posted something about it if I had... but hey, if you need to reset, go for it, but so far seems to be completely worth it.

:beer:

Are you using raid? S.M.A.R.T.? I am curious as to what might cause this, I am not using either of those, and my flash was smooth.

It does tell you, that once you've flashed, you need to load defaults, that essentially is reseting your cmos, from software. Sometimes you need to reset, hard to say, again I am just curious as to what you had setup prior to flashing.

Aketon: What did you do to fix it? Thats great that you got it fixed, but others that look at this thread will want to see that information... and that's all aside from my own curiosity. ;)

Last edited:
EP-4sda

HI there guys just wondering how you guys overclock higher then 133 fsb on this 4sda board I can't go higher then 133 fsb is there a trick to it I have kingmax pc2700 memory and using 1:1 and still can't get it to work any higher then that all I can is errors also using a 1.6A cpu well you all have a nice day and thank you

What voltages have you tried? both cpu and ram. I've been able to go to 2.9 on ram, and 1.85 on cpu.

What are doing for cooling? Any case fans? what heatsink/fan combo are you using? default? highest I've been able to run is 150... barely.

Also what bios versiona re you running?

sounds like you have the cooling portion of things down...

....what's your voltage at? what bios are you running?

at nverseflux:
It was very simple, yet never thought to check it. I noticed my cpu fan header not plugged in full (header from psu). I took that held a wire from my delta at one of the pins and it started up. I don't think those sparks were really healthy. I think it defaulted shutdown with no cpu fan or something.

I've got another problem though, I'm unable to use the secondary ide thingies (I forgot the name ata133/raid). When I plug my hd into it try and start up xp, I get bsod. I can't get into windows. I use 2 maxtor 80 gb drives same cable.

Is this on a fresh install of XP? I haven't setup raid, but I have gone to this option on boot(ctrl-h), how did you create it?

If it is a fresh install, during setup, are you loading the RAID drivers?

glad the machine is up and running!! :beer:

Actually an OS on raid is a bad idea so I just run them seperately.

Yes I've tried a fresh install of xp with the highpoint drivers on the disk. I don't think its my ocing because I've tried at default. Any ideas?

I'm going to try manually installing them tonight see if that works.

Wow, interesting that you have 2x80 gig drives and would not want your OS on the Raid. My preference I guess.

It would be beneficial to post the information displayed on your BSOD as I am not sure help could be provided with out it.

I just heard having an OS on raid is unreliable, but I may be wrong. Maybe I'll try putting up through raid sometime.

Anyways I just get a stop bsod at startup when the drives are on the ata133 things. Even having one drive on the there I still get bsod. Oh yeah, the manual installation didn't work. I don't know if this will help, but here is the technical information from the bsod:
*** STOP 0x0000007B (0xF7C49640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I would agree, that sounds like bad boot sector/master boot record, fdisk /mbr is your friend on that, but do refer to the article.

You may want to try swapping the drives to see if its just the primary drive your using, may also want to try creating the partitions as FAT32 first before converting to ntfs and make sure the partition is active.

May want to reset the cmos in case this doesn't change anything also.

I haven't heard abything about an OS being unstable, I've only heard its extremely fast for the time it takes to access the drive.

Again what bios version are you running as well? If your not running the latest, you may want to flash it with the link I gave to start this thread...

Last edited:
Actually, I used partition magic to format the partitions (ntfs), then just used the winxp cd. Re-formatted using the setup (I don't know why). I'll try installing xp on fat32 then convert to ntfs and see if that works.
For some reason I don't think the boot sector is corrupt, I can run the drive on ide1/2 (ata100) and use windows normally.
If the fat32 thing don't work, I'll try running my drives in raid and see if that works. Do any of you know if it wipes the drive when creates an array? Just want to know if I need to backup my data.
Yes I have the latest bios too.

Back