• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon Overclocking. Whats your best??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MooT

Registered
Right now I just hit 234/234 with my Radeon 64MB DDR VIVO.3319 3Dmarks with my cB0 700 running at 905!!! Thats one smokin stock card!!! No artifacts and runs smooth as anything!!!

WoW, that is a sweet overclock for a radeon. I am getting one of those cards for sure in about 3 months. I had a 32mb DDr one, but it died the fastest it went was 195/195. Sweet card, i hope when i get my 64mb DDR i get it to at least 220/220. NICE MAN AGAIN

the only thing i can say is DAMN! When i get my radeon 64mb DDR i am going to cool that baby nice. How is that possible to get a Radeon 64mb DDR up to 234mhz? I don't think that is possible because the ram is only 6ns i think, so right around 195 should be the wall. Did you replace the ram or something?

Carmine_Paterno (Jun 24, 2001 10:34 a.m.):
the only thing i can say is DAMN! When i get my radeon 64mb DDR i am going to cool that baby nice. How is that possible to get a Radeon 64mb DDR up to 234mhz? I don't think that is possible because the ram is only 6ns i think, so right around 195 should be the wall. Did you replace the ram or something?

I got blessed with an awesome card!!! The OEM card comes with 6ns ram and the RETAIL comes with 5.5 I think. When I plugged my card in for the first time it was clocked at 198/198!!! I started using Tweaker5.1 and got the card to run stable @ 241/241, I got some weird visual effects @ 250/250!! All I gotta say is this card rules!!! When I get some extra loot I'm gonna put some better cooling on this Bad Mofo. The Ram cips are labeled:

ESMT
M13L64164A- ST
JZQ8506R1 0044

Here's a screen shot of Tweaker5.1 @ 241/241!!

I got 205/205 retail...gonna go for more once I get a new gpu cooler and ram sinks =) scores pretty low in 3Dmark 2k1..around 1700
my comp is screwed up...I think I will build an AMD system for the radeon and wait for my gf2 to come back from RMA for this sys b/c its works fine in this sys at 4x agp

MisterQ (Jun 24, 2001 11:44 a.m.):
I got 205/205 retail...gonna go for more once I get a new gpu cooler and ram sinks =) scores pretty low in 3Dmark 2k1..around 1700
my comp is screwed up...I think I will build an AMD system for the radeon and wait for my gf2 to come back from RMA for this sys b/c its works fine in this sys at 4x agp

The same thing happened to me!!! Remove all of your driver files for the Radeon and whatever card you had in there before. Then install drivers for standard vga device,then re-install the Ati drivers and you should get around 2900 in 3Dmarks 2001 with 100fsb

Well all kept hearing rumers of a Radeon SE. Well it turns out that instead of calling the SE a umm SE, ATI just decided to keep calling them Radeons....
SO that means all of the current Radeons shipping from ATI are SE models probably, as everyone is getting much higher over clocks with them than they did a couple months ago.
I dont' think that applys to the LE models though.

:) :)
AKDUDE

Wait a minute, so ATI already came out with there new card? They are just shipping them as regular Radeons? I don't think i am understanding this correctly. Hey MooT where did you buy your radeon from?

I got it from Newegg.com for $156 plus $5 shipping. I a very pleased with them!!

No, its not the Radeon 2, thats what everyone has REALLY been talking about.
A couple months ago all kinds of rumors came out about a Radeon SE model. It was supposed to be the same as a Radeon, but with higher memory and core speeds and extra cooling.

But, instead of calling them SE's like all the rumors stated, they just ship them out that way now.

AKDUDE

Thats SwEeT!!! So if i order one now do you think i will actually get on elike MooT did? Can i ask specifically and maybe i will get one! I hope!! This would be quite amazing.

I would think that as long as the stock from the place you order from is being turned over quickly you would get one.
Ive heard that the ones at best buy (32ddr) are SE models. Don't bother to ask, cause most places will no know, as there is nothing on the box saying anything about it.
AKDUDE

The new 64meg DDR radeons say on the box...."Now 200 Mhz" right in the top right front corner of the box.

Mine is the older 183/183 Radeon. i run it at 201/201. No artifacts, anything higher seems to artifact a little.

I doubt the validity of an older 183/183 radeon doing 241 Mhz. Especially doing it with no artifacts. But I have heard that the new memory being used is some good stuff. I jsut can't wait for the R2 to come out.

I stand corrected! I guess ATI paid someone to put little stickers on the boxes, hehe. :)
AKDUDE

Back