• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 1.4gig info needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
davesalisburyuk said:
Just seen this chip and i want one have a few questions thoe!

1) WIll this work ok on my Abit ST6?
2)what is the default FSB 100 or 133?
3)http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-info3-info.asp?&m=y&quicklinx=215H

Thats where i am buying it from how can i tell if it will be a good overclocker?

Also what speed should i get out of one of these?

Thanks in Advance

Dave

1)Yes it will work with your ST6
2)It's a 100mhz fsb
3)You can never be sure if the chip you're bying will be a good overclocker....luck is a major factor among other things for a good o\c
4)This chip can do a 1600++ with proper cooling

TASOS said:

If you are talking about the [email protected] in that thread.....yes it was hard for me also to believe it !!!!

....but still no pics & no benchies

If you take 133.33333333333 * 14

You get 1866.6666666666GHz.

I don't know. Kirako's got pretty high with his 1.4. I know first hand the TUSL2 doesn't like high PCI speds above 38~40MHz. Maybe kirakos was left short cause of his mobo! He hit what 1.73GHz but with instability. At those speeds he would be at 41MHz PCI which would explain some of his instability if that was the problem. He did not have a TB1 stepping though did he? Well I know my 1.4GHz PIII-s is the cream of the crop for OC'n. I don;t have ram that can keep up anymore otherwise I may have hit higher too. For some reason I can't use the 4:3:1 option after 163fsb on my ST6. Its a long story!

I'm not talking about Kiriako's celeron.....
I'm talking about DS-Master's thread ,that claims of a celeron tually 1.4@1862

TASOS said:

Boys i have not read this thread yet , but from my tests i know well how the Celery 1.4G uses the core voltages .

There is no way the Celery to go that high with out to be toasted from the high temp .
Or to not make it at all due the Core voltage .
oh yes i am a bit negative to believe this too .

I have download the Intel PDF about the Celery 1.4G
Have a look in here .. http://www.intel.com/design/celeron/datashts/298596.htm

The chip is only at 70W max. He is using a cream of the crop HS also! If this is the new stepping then I see no reaosn to scoff at this. My 1.4GHz PIII-s as I said hits 1.76GHz on air. To run another 100MHz more should not be that big of a deal. I know I am only at ~1.65v too at these speeds. A little speedster:D

I would not expect any 1.4GHz cel-t to do this though! I would wait for sure to buy the new steppings. THne maybe a 1.2GHz chip would be in order~ @ 151fsb you would running 1.8GHz. Pretty nice when the tbred is hitting only around 1.9 usually in its OC. Although in most benchies a 1.8GHz tbred will beat a cel-t @ 1.8GHz.

Though it is the prinicipal of the deal. a 1.87GHz cel-t in a BX mobo would be sweetness. Especially if you have had the BX for like what 3 years now!

With supplies of tA1 running out (projected depletion of inventory is 15 july.. not far of! :) ) there is an increasing chance to get a tB1.

This might be an early one popping up.

..(have my BX for almost 4 years now. On to the fifth! :) )

Last edited:
From my experience , every CPU type have speed limits ,that is well known by the design of the core .
The PII core could not make it above 500MHz ,and also the Celery 300A ,could not go over the 502 MHz

The PIII copermine , stops at 1200 , and all the Celery’s based on the copermine core they stop too .

The Tualy chips ,score at 1600 or 1700 as max , and they stop there .

The next generation, if it will be any, it will pass this speed limits .
The next generation is on my mind only , and now that you have read my words is in your mind too . :)

Kiriakos said:
From my experience , every CPU type have speed limits ,that is well known by the design of the core .
The PII core could not make it above 500MHz ,and also the Celery 300A ,could not go over the 502 MHz

The PIII copermine , stops at 1200 , and all the Celery’s based on the copermine core they stop too .

The Tualy chips ,score at 1600 or 1700 as max , and they stop there .

The next generation, if it will be any, it will pass this speed limits .
The next generation is on my mind only , and now that you have read my words is in your mind too . :)

Whoops I guess the MHz police are going to be after me.

Everyone hates having a slower CPU. i now have to admit defeat. This cel-t has beat me.

As long you can not use this system at this numbers ,for any useful use , because it will crash .
You can add this system in the technological museum , as the greatest numbers making compo .

TASOS said:
DS-Master has a tendency to exaggerate/show the extremes.
If reality comes close to what he posts in his threads, consider yourself very lucky.

I believe that he is a fine person :D
Specialy if his words are coming with the benchmarks , at the same time . ;)

Back