• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu ratio select

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ss69nova

i have just unlocked my first chip. And i am trying to figure this hole thing out. If i leave the fsb at 133 and change the mutl from 10.5 to 11.0 than the cpu should be moving up a few mhz? right? I know i can do the same thing by changing the fsb up. Am i on the right track? I have changed to 12.0 and 13.0 and get into windows ,but i don't gain any speed. i am still at 1465

what is the "spread spectrum" I have tried with this at default/ disabled and with it enabled would this have any affect?

speed

10.5x133=1400

So at 133 FSB, each .5 added to the multiplyer adds 66 Mhz, or 1/2 of the FSB.

Sounds like a bad unlock if 12x doesn't work. 13x almost always works as 12.5x on kt266a motherboards anyway.

12x should be 1600 Mhz.

Most people use lower multiplyers and higher FSB.

thanks

thanks for the input. That helps out alot. If it is a bad unlock would i still get a screen when i change to 12.0? I thought i would have to hold the insert key to get a screen if it wasn't unlocked?

Back