• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nForce 2 release data

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cown

nForce 2 release date

nForce2 has been set to be released 16. juli 2002

Motherboard manufacturers are said to regard the new chipset as having great potential, given its price/performance ratio. Based on the DDR400 platform, the nForce 2 supports the USB 2.0, IEEE 1394 and ATA-133 interfaces. For the integrated chipset, a GeForce4 MX440-equivalent core also allows the new product’s graphics technology to lead Intel’s latest 845G by two generations. The graphics performance of the 845G is closer to that of Nvidia’s GeForce2 MX200 chip.

DigiTimes.com

Last edited:
Do you got any information about OC features on this motherboard ?? maybe FSB up to 266 with PCI divider up to 1/8 . is it Crazy to think to run AXP(unlocked) at FSB 2*266? twice its origin FSB

i hope Nvidia can maximize their Dual channel DDR. Dual DDR400 = 2*3200 = 6,4 Gb/s.

It will better if Nforce 2 allow FSB 200+ to take full anvantage of DDR400. FSB 2*200 with DDR 400. Cool !!!!

steppenwolf said:
Do you got any information about OC features on this motherboard ?? maybe FSB up to 266 with PCI divider up to 1/8 . is it Crazy to think to run AXP(unlocked) at FSB 2*266? twice its origin FSB

i hope Nvidia can maximize their Dual channel DDR. Dual DDR400 = 2*3200 = 6,4 Gb/s.

It will better if Nforce 2 allow FSB 200+ to take full anvantage of DDR400. FSB 2*200 with DDR 400. Cool !!!!

Yes it is insane to expect DDR 533. First of all the maxium divider on these boards will be 1/6, second of all there will not be DDR ram available to run at those speeds anytime soon. No matter what kind of timings. There would have to be 3.6ns chips available to do this. As of right now the fastest chips on DDR that ive heard of are the 5ns on the Kingmax PC-3200. The idea is that you can run your fsb at 200 and with the 1/6 divider keep everything else in spec, but your not going to get much about 200.

DS Master had a thread about a month ago that had a link to MSI which said that. i checked the thread and unfortunatly the link doesnt work anymore.

DS-Master said:
Oh man, two more days!

1/4, 1/5, 1/6 and 1|1

1|1 is the best since no matter what you do, the PCI is always in spec.

huh? wouldnt 1/1 mean that the pci bus would be the same as the fsb?

*edit* ok ive noticed that for all the other divisors you put a / but for the 1|1 you used |, does that make a difference?

why would you even need other dividers if you've got "clock lock"? i hope all of the nforce 2 boards support clock lock, i only know of one nforce board that does it despite all of them being capable.

1|1 Means that both the PCI/AGP are in spec no matter what speed the FSB is at.

As for nVidia deciding to have the 1/5, 1/6, this is simply because some ram for some reason will not tolerate a clock locked divider no matter what and therefore the fixed 1/5 and 1/6 is needed if you want to reach FSB higher speeds.

The nForce chipset should easily be able to hit 400MHz without a sweat running 1|1 with twin bank ddr400. 400MHz Bus with 400MHz dual channel memory, now that will be impressive even just thinking about it.

DS-Master

If you look at my sig you will see that i have an sdram board and was waiting for a good ddr option to come out, assuming it's not too expensive this looks like the right option!!

Yeah!!Yeah!!Yeah!!

This is gonna be good!

i'm praying for dividers that lower your ram vs the fsb. like a 4:3 and a 3:2 ram divider so u can take advantage of older ddr266 and 333 memory while ruing your athlon at 200+ fsb. An Athlon runing at 200fsb is 3.2gb/sec which is the same as runing dual DDR at only 133mhz. :D

Back