• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp1600+ overclock what stopping it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

athlonmp

I can get it to 1725mhz no farther setting is below

12.5x138
Epox 8KHA+
1gig pc2100
tried 10x173 won't boot but can get it to boot at 1740 memory maxes out at 160mhz
how do I get the 13x multiplier?

you don't want a high multi. youll get a way better performance out of higher fsb, because it speeds everything in the computer up. you might try upgrading the ram, like pc2700 or something along those lines

well for good performance you want multipers between 9.0-10.5 for instance to get 1800mhz you could run 10x180fsb or you could run 9.5x190fsb wich gives you a great performance gain, I'm currently running 9x190 (waiting for my SLK-800 to try 9.5x190)

i don't see why your not happy with that! you just got a xp2100 for the price of a xp1600!! sounds like a deal to me.

can't get past 140mhz fsb so I will stick with 12.5x138
also how to u get a 13x multiplier.

What stepping is the CPU and at what vcore are you working???
I think that the previous posts are correct ....go for a lower multi...with higher FSB

problem

The problem is that the board's max pci divisor is 1/4 and it kicks in at 133 FSB. So as you go higher in FSB the pci bus and agp bus continue to go out of spec. Some kt266/a boards can do 166 and even a little higher, but if you want those really high FSB speeds you need a motherboard with a 1/5 divisor whichi kicks in around 166 FSB... aka a KT333 motherboard.

Since you'vwe got a GB of memory, I'd say one of those sticks is holding you back. Try less memory and see if you can get higher on a single stick. Also try to adjust the memory timings and make them weaker... higher numbers for memory settings.

Back