• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dont mind me, just thinking again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shuruga2

someone recently posted about putting thier heater core in a toilet tank to cool things down.

what i started thinking is what if instead the water were pumped thru a coil that goes around a cold water 'feeder' pipe. i've found that most of these pipes in my house stay pretty cool, even those that arent used often.

a pipe like that would probably be a lot easier to get to than a toilet, especially for those running in their basements.

i dont wc so i dont know what could be wrong with that idea and cant test it. just thought i'd throw it out there in case its never been tried

thers been a lot of talk about this subject... i bet i could do it, because there is a pipe rite above me... for cold water..... but it would only get cold when the water is turned on otherwize the water would just get warm...

it would work best on a pipe that gets a lot of use, like that going to a bathroom. or maybe to a washing machine if you do a lot of laundry in cold water. or maybe to an outside hose when your watering your lawn...

i do see your point tho, a water bill could get pretty high if you were using this as your main source of cooling and not just a 'boost'.

Shuruga2 said:
A pipe like that would probably be a lot easier to get to than a toilet, especially for those running in their basements.

i dont wc so i dont know what could be wrong with that idea and cant test it. just thought i'd throw it out there in case its never been tried

For those running in the basement, if you can get to your pipes, the ones running to a bathroom or wash room will see a fair amount of use but a better choice would probably be the pipe that comes right off your tank (or the main if you are on city water). It is also a cold line and it will have flow any time anything in your house gets used. Including you water heater.:cool:

Back