• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

News about what the NV30 will offer:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
The data.

- Zero (0) performance cost using 4X FSAA
- 4-1 Colour Compression Technique
- 16 Textures/Pixel Per Pass
- 900MHz DDR is still a go
- Multi Chip capable
- Firewire Port

I'm not absolutely sure what multi chip capable means. Multiple GPUs on one card, right?

In any event this is some interesting data. Twice the performance of a Ti4600 is a huge difference. My current monitor might not even be able to support it's refresh rates at high resolution. I'm also interested to see what 8x AGP will offer for speed gains. Another good thing is that the NV31 (budget version) won't be a modified lesser GPU like the GF4 MX is.

sweet,

I think i can talk for most people here when I say I so want one of those and can't wait to see how it performs with games like ut2, and quake 4(when they finally get it out).

according to this the benefit of agp 8x over agp 4x wont be much. of course newer agp drivers and bios revisions may offer better performance but i kinda hope they dont... I wanna hold on to this motherboard until hammer time.

DaddyB said:
according to this the benefit of agp 8x over agp 4x wont be much. of course newer agp drivers and bios revisions may offer better performance but i kinda hope they dont... I wanna hold on to this motherboard until hammer time.

Jeez, I woulda thought it'd be more than that. I guess like everything else we'll see how it matures once it's refined. I won't be upgrading this mobo (kr7a/kt266a) until the hammer is released and we know if it's really going to live up to our hopes.

finally came up... and he has pulled the info cause nVidia asked him about his sources. lol.

good snatch while it was up!! good thing you quoted and not just posted the link.

Yes, I guess that would mean that AGP 8x & 2x really don't have a huge performance difference between them since AGP 4x really wasn't anything ground breaking over 2x, lol.

Also should be said that the NV30 according to that link should be about double the performance of the Ti4600 w00t.

EDIT: I see myelin already said that, doh :)

NNDarel300 said:
Yes, I guess that would mean that AGP 8x & 2x really don't have a huge performance difference between them since AGP 4x really wasn't anything ground breaking over 2x, lol.

Also should be said that the NV30 according to that link should be about double the performance of the Ti4600 w00t.

EDIT: I see myelin already said that, doh :)

Your post count grows, young apprentice!

Weird, usually nVidia only improves the next line of cards by 50%:

|||||||||||||||||||||||| Ti 4200 Ti 4400 Ti 4600
Number of Transistors (Millions) 63 63 63
Manufacturing Process (microns) .15 .15 .15
Rendering Pipelines 4 4 4
Texture per Pass 8 8 8
Core Clock (MHz) 250 275 300
Memory Clock (MHz) 250 275 325
Memory Amount (MB) 128 128 128
Memory Type 4ns 3.6ns 3ns
RAMDAC 350 MHz 350 MHz 350 MHz
Fill Rate (gigatexels) 2.0 2.2 2.4
Fill Rate (megapixels) 900 1100 1200
Fill Rate (millions of Triangles/sec.) 114 125 136
Bandwidth (GB/s) 8.0 8.8 10.4

Weird, usually nVidia only improves the next line of cards by 50%

I guess there are a few different factors into why they're going all out this time...they're moving over to the .13 micron process, and the ATI R300 is the only real competition they've had for how long? You can make an argument for the Radeon8500...but I'm talking REAL competition...Nvidia knows that they have to kick it up a little bit in order to keep everything going smoothly.

NNDarel300 said:

I guess there are a few different factors into why they're going all out this time...they're moving over to the .13 micron process, and the ATI R300 is the only real competition they've had for how long? You can make an argument for the Radeon8500...but I'm talking REAL competition...Nvidia knows that they have to kick it up a little bit in order to keep everything going smoothly.

How does the 8500 with 128mb do against the GF4 Ti series cards? RAM makes such a difference that I'd think it'd do pretty well with some fast DDR, even with a slower core clock.

YATTA STARFOX!

i have made up my mind that i WILL buy this card when it comes out. the features are soooo friggin nice. i want me 4x AA !

Back